Turndown Attendant-The Sebastian Vail
Responsible for ensuring efficient collection, sorting, cleaning and distribution of all linen in order to provide high quality laundry services to our guests.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Reviews turndown list and stocks caddie to ensure all supplies, linen and amenities are available to properly turndown guestrooms.
- Reviews list for any special requests.
- Performs turndown of assigned room according to resort standards.
- Maintains all hallways, public areas and closets clean, neat, swept and vacuumed.
- Reports any maintenance repairs to supervisor.
- Operates radios efficiently and professionally when communicating with hotel staff.
- Reports missing/found articles, damage or merchandise problems to supervisor.
- Responds at all times in a friendly, helpful manner to guests and staff.
- Performing services in adherence to safety practices and principles.
- Ensures proper accounting for lost and found items and delivers to Housekeeping.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a work team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Skills / Requirements
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Proper cleaning methods, and the safe usage of cleaning materials, disinfectants, custodial tools and equipment.
- Use and minor maintenance of tools and equipment used in housekeeping work.
- Safety practices and equipment related to the work.
- Basic record keeping practices.
- Basic techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Performing housekeeping duties.
- Safely using tools and equipment related to the work.
- Understanding and following written and oral instructions.
- Working without close supervision in standard work situations.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in a housekeeping setting, use standard cleaning equipment; stamina to stand, stoop, squat and bend for extended periods of time; agility to perform services over an extended period of time; strength to lift and carry up to 75 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Work is subject to exposure to biohazards, chemicals, and solvents.
Pay: from $17/hour
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of the Timbers range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of work, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Timbers total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include various incentives and many region-specific benefits.
Job Status: Part Time,Seasonal
Job Reference #: TSV