Timbers Company is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Company is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
Summary : Responsible for maintaining accurate financial records for multiple resort properties as assigned.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following
- Accurately recording financial transactions
- Reconciling and maintaining bank accounts
- Reviewing and verifying vendor invoices for proper coding and approvals
- Preparing and recording monthly journal entries
- Preparing accurate monthly financial statements and related reports
- Monitoring cash balances
- Maintaining adequate documentation to prove all general ledger balances
- Maintaining all financials schedules and files so that they are always current and neat
- Assisting with year-end audits and preparation for audits
- Assisting with annual budget preparation.
- Timely preparation and distribution of monthly financial statements and reports.
- Reconciliation of all bank accounts, notification of supervisor of any necessary action to be taken.
- Preparation and posting of accurate journal entries for billings, cash receipts, payroll, interest, rentals, service charges, assets and liabilities and adjusting journal entries.
- Reviewing all work carefully before submitting it for review.
- Assist in setting up and reviewing annual budgets
- Special projects that may arise.
- Other responsibilities which may or may not be assigned to other members of the team may include but are not limited to:
Filing of accounts payable, journals, and all documents according to policy.
Preparation of bank deposits.
Posting cash receipts.
Preparation of special reports, research, and/or analyses as directed by supervisors and management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field; AND 1-3 years of experience in similar role; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Policies and procedures of properties.
- Principles and practices of budgeting and accounting.
- Proficiency in Excel, Microsoft Office and other software as required
- Office administrative practices and procedures.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Training others in policies and procedures related to the work.
- Providing customer service.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
- Organizing, maintaining, and researching office files.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities, and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives, and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in an office setting, use standard office equipment; stamina to sit for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 20 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Job Status: Full Time