Spa Concierge Front Desk
Responsible for coordinating the proper booking of treatments, maintenance of the retail area and provision of cashiering duties for the Spa in a courteous and professional manner while exceeding the high standards of the hotel.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Greets and welcomes members and guests to the Spa; provides tours of the Spa as required.
• Provides prompt and efficient customer services.
• Answers all Spa phone calls, check in and check out all Spa clients.
• Performs opening and closing functions; monitors point-of-sale shift closing
• Makes Spa reservations via walk ins, phone, and email.
• Assists with retail sales and inventory.
• Places and delivers Spa lunch orders.
• Assists Sales Department with group bookings as required.
• Communicates clearly with Members/guests and spa staff to achieve desired results for both the client and the spa; answers queries and resolves service issues.
• Assists in the efficient and effective operation of the Spa by maintaining orderliness and cleanliness of the workplace.
• Manages merchandise and product flow; ensures proper inventory control and accounting; ensure proper re-stocking and ordering of merchandise.
• Assists with the maintenance of a successful call-in list for appropriate positions.
• Assists with the organization and implementation of successful promotional activities and events.
• Ensures proper accounting for lost and found items and delivers to Housekeeping.
• Reports any maintenance deficiencies for proper resolution.
• Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a work team.
• Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
• Performs all the duties of the Attendant, when no attendant is present.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; AND one (1) year of retail or administrative experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
• Policies and procedures of the department.
• Administrative and accounting policies and procedures.
• Vail & Beaver Creek Ski Mountains and the Vail Valley.
• Basic mathematics.
• Record keeping principles and practices.
• Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
• Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
• Performing administrative and retail duties.
• Determining the nature of customer inquiries and recommending appropriate actions or solutions.
• Performing scheduling duties.
• Use of computer software associated with Spa operations.
• Providing customer service.
• Performing cashiering and bookkeeping duties.
• Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
• Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
• Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
• Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Pay: from $16.50/hour
Job Status: Full Time