Responsible for maintaining a safe and clean environment at the Spa in a courteous and professional manner while exceeding the high standards of the hotel.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Greets and welcomes members and guests to the Spa
• Provides prompt and efficient customer services.
• Performs opening and closing functions.
• Places and delivers Spa lunch orders.
• Communicates clearly with Members/guests and spa staff to achieve desired results for both the client and the spa; answers queries.
• Assists in the efficient and effective operation of the Spa by maintaining orderliness and cleanliness of the workplace.
• Consistently monitors the locker/facility area for cleanliness and safety.
• Regularly attend, participate in and support training and staff meetings.
• Assists with the maintenance of a successful call-in list for appropriate positions.
• Ensures proper accounting for lost and found items and delivers to Housekeeping.
• Reports any maintenance deficiencies for proper resolution.
• Responsible for wiping down fitness center equipment and reports any maintenance deficiencies to a supervisor.
• Responds always in a friendly, helpful manner to guests and staff
• Responsible for all laundry duties in the spa, fitness center and pool area.
• Replenish bathroom amenities and products as needed.
• Assist in all areas of spa operation as requested by management.
• Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a work team.
• Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
• Assists with checking guests in and out and selling retail products.
• Assists with escorting guests and giving tours of the spa.
• Works in conjunction with the Spa Concierge and attends to Concierge duties in absence of a Concierge
Page 2 of 3
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; AND one (1) year of retail or administrative experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
• Policies and procedures of the department.
• Basic mathematics, record keeping principles and practices.
• Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
• Basic techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
• Understanding and following written and oral instructions.
• Providing customer service.
• Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
• Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
• Working without close supervision in standard work situations.
• Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
• Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in a spa and fitness room setting, use standard cleaning equipment; stamina to stand, stoop, squat and bend for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 50 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Pay: from $16.50/hour
Job Status: Full Time