Timbers Company is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Company is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
Works closely with the Executive Chef to plan and direct food preparation in kitchens.
The Sous Chef will be responsible for the planning, preparation and execution of all catered and/or banquet events at the hotel.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Typically requires an Bachelor's degree and 2 to 4 years of experience in a high volume, full service
restaurant and/or banquets.
• Performs work under minimal supervision. Handles complex issues and problems, and refers only
the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
• Possesses comprehensive knowledge of subject matter.
• Provides leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to a subordinate group.
• Must be proficient in Windows Operating Systems, Company approved spreadsheets and word
• Ability to work a flexible schedule
• Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
• Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
• Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
• Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing,
identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the issues raised by co-workers and
• Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic
• Must maintain composure and objectivity while under pressure.
JOB DUTIES & FUNCTIONS:
• Produces innovative and diversified menus that reflect the restaurant's and banquets overall vision.
• Trains the kitchen staff to adhere to restaurant policies and general sanitation regulations.
• Organizes, schedules, and directs the work of the kitchen staff, ensuring that kitchen operations are
carried out quickly and effectively.
• Designs aesthetic plating presentations.
• Ensures that hygiene and food safety requirements are met.
• Maintains kitchen inventory and assigned budget.
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service oriented manner.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper
uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards).
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with company standards, as required by
scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Comply at all times with company standards and regulations to encourage safe and
efficient hotel operations.
• Comply with certification requirements as applicable for position to include: Food Handlers, Alcohol
Awareness, CPR and First Aid
• Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
• Ensure that all kitchen personnel fulfill their job functions appropriately.
• Create menus and food presentation.
• Address and resolve all customer problems in an efficient and effective manner.
• Perform spot checks for menu accuracy and taste.
• Minimize spoilage, waste and over production.
• Regularly review house counts, forecasts and VIP lists.
• Monitor all Banquet and Catering activity.
• Maintain all kitchen inventories.
• Prepare annual reviews of employees
• Assist in the achievement of departmental objectives and goals
• Expedite peak meal periods by maintaining a "hands on" approach.
• Works within monthly set food cost budget, adjust food requisitions and controls waste
• Be familiar with all company policies and house rules as well as hospitality terminology.
• Ensure that plating standards and use records are posted according to company standards.
• Review food sales for accuracy daily.
• Perform any other duties as requested by the General Manager.
Job Status: Full Time