Server at South Seas Island Resort Restaurants
SOUTH SEAS ISLAND RESORT: WORK IN PARADISE! Escape to a tranquil tropical island destination on the tip of Captiva Island! Work at a serene resort village and wildlife sanctuary, marked by 2.5 miles of beaches, gulf waters that glisten with endless shades of blue and boundless opportunity for adventure for our guests.
This upcoming year, we will begin writing a new chapter to add to our storied past. Elevated guest experiences, expanded services, and amenities accompanied by future plans to re-imagine and restore the famed South Seas Island Resort to its original grandeur.
We want YOU to be apart of it!
WE ARE NOW A TIMBERS RESORT:
Timbers Company is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories. Our vision is a promise of Paradise Perfected. Join us and explore the ever-growing collection by Timbers Resorts.
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE:
- Health Insurance/Dental/Vision/LTD/STD and Life Insurance
-401K, company matches 100% up to 4% of contribution
-Paid Time Off (PTO), increasing amount of time with tenure
-Transponder toll programs (if you qualify) for the Sanibel Causeway and Cape Coral Bridge
-$2 Employee lunches at our Keylime Cafe
-Employee discounts at selected retail outlets and selected SSIR vendor activities
-Employee recognition through the year
-TIPS(Alcohol Awareness) and SafeStaff certifications can be scheduled and accomplished on property, facilitation by HR Manager
WHERE WILL YOU WORK?
Several different restaurants and outlets, it would be discussed during the interview process on what location.
The Server is responsible for taking customer's food and drink orders, serve food and beverages, prepare itemized checks, and sometimes accept payments. May perform additional duties, which may include escorting guests to tables, serving customers seated at counters, setting up and clearing tables, or operating a cash register. They also check the identification of patrons to ensure they meet the minimum age requirement for the purchase of alcohol. Responsible for providing the highest quality of service possible to guests in an efficient and courteous manner.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
• Alcohol Awareness Certification (must comply with State regulations)
• Food Handlers certification (must comply with State regulations)
• Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
• Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
• Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by coworkers
• Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic
• Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
Servers work in fast paced environments. This job may be required to stand for long hours and are exposed to hot kitchen environments on a daily basis.
Job Status: Full Time