Senior Marketing Manager- Hospitality
Timbers Company is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Company is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth. Grow your career with us and learn first-hand how to shape remarkable experiences for our world-class guests and Owners.
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
OUR CORE VALUES:
We are in the business of making memories, and this mantra is reflected in everything we do and every interaction we have whether it be in hospitality operations management, asset management, development, or sales & marketing. Our values define who we are.
- Be Authentic
- Practice Humility
- Cultivate Teamwork
- Value Time
- Be Trustworthy
SUMMARY: The Senior Marketing Manager, based at the corporate office in Winter Park FL, will execute the objectives outlined in the luxury rental and hotel marketing plans. This role promotes on-brand messaging to customers through traditional, digital, and social media channels all with the goal of producing revenue. This role also helps execute direct marketing plans, targeted campaigns, and activated channels to the end of driving consumer awareness and preference, increasing market share, and building broader portfolio and brand awareness. This role balances traditional and digital marketing. Success is measured by how well the manager drives the sales and revenue strategy of the luxury rental and hotel properties, by how effectively leveraged the resources on property are to create truly compelling marketing and communications strategies and campaigns. This individual is a champion of Timbers and property level brand standards.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Hospitality and Rental Marketing & Advertising
- Assists with annual Hospitality and Rental marketing plans to budget, in consultation with the General Managers , Operations leaders, and corporate and property marketing teams.
- Partners with Marketing, Operations, and Sales teams to execute promotions and campaigns to target on property guests with promotions that drive incremental revenue to on-property outlets.
- Manages media schedules and fields all advertising requests.
- Partners with property Revenue Management to verify correct offer loading, verifying advertisement targeting is correctly directed at relevant consumer groups.
- Coordinates the execution of email marketing, and display advertising.
- Manages digital and media agencies; works with agency partners to identify strategic media buys.
- Manages and maintains frequent, active engagement with digital marketing agency to verify alignment, pull-through, and 2-way communication about the status, performance evaluation, opportunities, and issues related to online programs and initiatives.
- Manage and coordinates execution of a variety of organic and paid acquisition channels – content creation, content curation, pay per click campaigns, search engine optimization, event management, publicity, social media, lead generation campaigns, copywriting, and performance analysis.
- Monitor analytics to inform future content direction and drive test-and-learn strategy.
Social Media Content Management
- Oversees social media facilitation, engagement, and content in local digital channels (e.g., hotel website and travel sites) in conjunction with other Marketing Managers.
- Manages overall editorial calendar and oversees and consults with on-property marketing team.
- Engages in proactive online reputation management by surfacing relevant guest comments (positive or negative) in social media channels and ensures on-property team responds accordingly.
- Lead content development for high-priority/fast-turn efforts.
Public Relations and Visual Asset Management
- Manage PR firms and provide strategic direction for PR activity as well as coordinate and host individual and group press visits.
- Supports pull through of impactful PR strategy & activities to drive quality press coverage through media engagement, in alignment with communications objectives.
- Provide content for press releases, stories, interviews, etc.
- Co-manages photo shoots for Hospitality to maintain a current, fresh and relevant photo library inclusive of seasonal assets.
- Responsible for and acts as central point of contact for all needed asset creation including renderings, photography, video; ensuring all assets adhere to brand voice.
- Assists in the writing and communication content for nurture emails, website blog posts, website page content, brochures and other marketing collateral materials.
Direct Marketing and Collateral Development
- Coordinates and executes Hotel and Rental program printed materials.
- Verifies brand voice and assists in the production of all on-property display and signage.
- Verifies all collateral as per brand standard guidelines and Timbers Resorts brand standards.
- Track all related costs and performance results.
- Oversight and coordination of website initiatives, promotions, packages, reciprocal linking opportunities, ongoing creation and updates to website packages, calendar of events, press room, etc.
- Manage and/or ensure website content is current including Calendar Events, News items, Home Page slider and What’s Happening features, copy updates, Meet the Team, eBrochures, Awards and new Basic Page content.
Managers hospitality and rental marketing and advertising budgets and forecasts.
- Works with team to ensure related websites are updated on a regular basis.
- Provides training and marketing leadership and acts as a marketing subject matter expert for GMs, Sales Leaders and Managers, and Revenue leaders.
- Keeps abreast of competition and its collateral, advertising, and marketing efforts and constantly evolving digital and marketing trends.
- Establish high-quality, low-cost providers and develops dependable vendor relationships.
- Measure and report performance of marketing campaigns, gain insight and assess against goals.
SENIOR MARKETING MANAGER - HOSPITALITY
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Preferred Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing preferred. Must have 5+ years’ relevant hospitality marketing work experience in a leadership role; OR demonstrating progressive career advancement within the hospitality Marketing Communications field.
- Possesses and maintains thorough understanding of the luxury hospitality industry and stays abreast of industry trends
- Project management experience with ability to lead concepts and adjust timelines in an ever-changing environment.
- Primary - Revinate, Wordpress, Adobe Creative Suite, Hootsuire, Google AdWords, Analytics & Tag Manager. Secondary – Additional experience with NAVIS, PMS systems, and booking engines
- Demonstrable success in ability to turn quantitative data into actionable creative
- Experience with hotel openings and/or launching of outlets and amenities.
- Experience with managing suppliers, partnerships, marketing budgets and long-term strategic planning.
Job Status: Full Time