Safety & Security Officer $20.00/hr - NEW $600 Sign On Bonus
SOUTH SEAS ISLAND RESORT: WORK IN PARADISE! Escape to a tranquil tropical island destination on the tip of Captiva Island! Work at a serene resort village and wildlife sanctuary, marked by 2.5 miles of beaches, gulf waters that glisten with endless shades of blue and boundless opportunity for adventure for our guests.
This upcoming year, we will begin writing a new chapter to add to our storied past. Elevated guest experiences, expanded services, and amenities accompanied by future plans to re-imagine and restore the famed South Seas Island Resort to its original grandeur.
We want YOU to be apart of it!
WE ARE NOW A TIMBERS RESORT:
Timbers Company is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories. Our vision is a promise of Paradise Perfected. Join us and explore the ever-growing collection by Timbers Resorts.
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE:
- Health Insurance/Dental/Vision/LTD/STD and Life Insurance
-401K, company matches 100% up to 4% of contribution
-Paid Time Off (PTO), increasing amount of time with tenure
-Transponder toll programs (if you qualify) for the Sanibel Causeway and Cape Coral Bridge
-$2 Employee lunches at our Keylime Cafe
-Employee discounts at selected retail outlets and selected SSIR vendor activities
-Employee recognition through the year
WHERE WILL YOU WORK?
All around the resort; responding to guest calls, associate needs, and emergency situations.
To maintain safety and security to guests, owners, and associates.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred
- Certificate of Completion in Safety and Security Training (must comply with State requirements)
- CPR First Aid and Heimlich maneuver Certified; can also arrange to have certification done through the resort
- Must have a valid driver license for the applicable State and an acceptable MVR (Motor Vehicle Driving record (property specific-driving).
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly manner.
- Maintain radio contact with the Front Desk/Night Auditor at all times.
- Use proper two-way radio etiquette when communicating with other employees.
- Maintain daily activity log.
- Maintain confidentiality with respect to guest and employee incidents.
- Hold briefing with Guest Services staff both at the beginning and end of shift.
- Check I.D. of visitors/employees as necessary.
- Administer Heimlich maneuver to choking victims.
- Open secured areas for authorized personnel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working
- Conduct room theft investigations.
- Assist during medical emergencies.
- Investigate assault complaints.
- Provide escort.
- Respond to employee altercations.
- Assist with intoxicated guests.
- Respond to security alarms.
- Maintain visual contact with the Front Desk/Night Auditor and the front door of the hotel by remaining in the Lobby area when not on property walks.
- Check lights and door locks.
- Investigate auto accidents/theft
- Be knowledgeable about hotel and guestroom locking systems.
- Challenge suspicious persons.
- Maintain an awareness of legal limitations of position
- Check safety hazards
- Deliver requested items to guest rooms.
- Make wake-up calls.
- Administer First Aid/C.P.R as necessary.
- Complete Incident/Accident Reports in a clear and concise manner.
- Answer phone and dispatch.
- Work special functions as requested.
- Receive deliveries.
- Pick up items left on property (during rounds).
- Assist with van runs as requested.
- Other duties as required.
Security Officers work in fast paced environments. This job may be required to stand for long hours and are exposed to Florida weather conditions, including high heat and humidity.
***Sign-on bonus: $300 paid on first check and $300 paid after 90 days of FT employment***
Pay: from $20/hour
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time