Room Attendant - The Sebastian Vail
Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and orderliness of guest corridors, elevators and all assigned areas; delivers items to guest rooms (luggage, irons, coffee, etc.).
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Cleans rugs, carpets and upholstered furniture using a vacuum cleaner, broom and carpet shampoo machine.
- Cleans rooms, hallways and restrooms; removes trash.
- Washes walls and ceiling, moves furniture’s and turn mattress.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, waxes and polishes floor.
- Dusts and polishes metalwork.
- Collects soiled linen for laundering.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of linen rooms, storage closets and stairwells.
- Adheres to safety practices and procedures; reports unsafe/hazardous situations.
- Maintains housekeeping carts and ensures adequate supplies are available.
- Pickup clean linen and refills stock of linen; refills stock of guest amenities and supplies.
- Assists with heavy lifting when super cleaning/spring cleaning of rooms.
- Cleans all public areas in the prescribed manner while following resort standards and operating procedures.
- Removes soiled linen and trash from the pool side and other service areas and take to appropriate locations in the prescribed manner.
- Assists with placing bed boards, roll-ways beds, extra bed etc.
- Reports missing/found articles, damage or merchandise problems to supervisor.
- Responds at all times in a friendly, helpful manner to guests and staff.
- Performing services in adherence to safety practices and principles.
- Ensures proper accounting for lost and found items and delivers to Housekeeping.
- Report any maintenance deficiencies for proper resolution.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a work team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Skills / Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
Tenth (10) grade education; AND one (1) year of custodial/housekeeping experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Proper cleaning methods, and the safe usage of cleaning materials, disinfectants, custodial tools and equipment.
- Use and minor maintenance of hand and power tools and equipment used in housekeeping work.
- Safety practices and equipment related to the work.
- Basic record keeping practices.
- Basic techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Performing housekeeping duties.
- Safely using hand tools and power equipment related to the work.
- Understanding and following written and oral instructions.
- Working without close supervision in standard work situations.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Pay: from $18/hour
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of the Timbers range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of work, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Timbers total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include various incentives, such as tips, commissions, bonus, and many region-specific benefits.
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time
Job Reference #: TSV