Resort Cook - Timbers Kiawah, SC
There’s Kiawah Island. Then there’s Timbers Kiawah. Twenty-one luxurious oceanfront residences in a private, secluded enclave. Timbers Kiawah is the only private residence club with fractional ownership on Kiawah and the newest oceanfront offering in over 30 years. It’s an intimate, gated community of 21 residences nestled along the coastline. Tall pines provide a quiet, sheltered setting, and a private boardwalk and Beach Club let the day flow from home to beach to ocean and back again. A vacation home experience that only Timbers Resorts can provide.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepares, preps, cooks, and portions meals.
- Assist in the creation of daily lunch and dinner specials.
- Demonstrates proper uniform and procedures to staff as required.
- Ensures the proper presentation of plating each menu item that will be served.
- Stores leftover food appropriately, maintains stocks of food and supplies; receives food and supplies, unpacks and stores in the appropriate location.
- Utilizes proper FIFO rotation, as well as dating and labeling of production made in walk in.
- Communicates to supervisor the purchasing needs of the kitchen (food, cleaning supplies, serving and preparation equipment, etc.).
- Maintains currency in food industry and trade trends for the good of the establishment and the profession.
- Ensures that food preparation equipment, cooking and serving utensils and the kitchen work areas are orderly, clean and sanitary.
- Performs/assists in daily closing responsibilities including but not limited to trash removal, organization and sanitation of refrigeration units, and sanitation of equipment and surfaces.
- Reads and follows menus and recipes and computes basic mathematical calculations.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to our Owners by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED supplemented by formal coursework in culinary sciences; AND two (2) years of experience as a journey-level cook; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Principles, practices and techniques of the cooking trade.
- Food and beverage products, menus and promotions.
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Principles, methods and equipment used in meal preparation in a restaurant setting.
- Safe work practices and sanitation related to food preparation and service.
- Customer service principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Efficiently and effectively performing cooking duties.
- Focusing on quests and provision of quality customer service.
- Making accurate arithmetic calculations.
- Reading, understanding and following recipes and oral and written directions.
- Maintaining appropriate inventory of supplies and materials.
- Training others in work processes, recipes and procedures.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
Pay: $19 to $22/hour
Job Status: Full Time