Residence Club Services Liaison at The Sebastian Vail - Full or Part Time
Responsible for assisting with the supervision and coordination of all owner benefits and activities that fall under the realm of the Residence Club Team. Accountable for ensuring proper completion of all required tasks in a courteous and friendly atmosphere; assists guests and owners to maintain and exceed The Sebastian Vail standards.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for maintaining a high quality of services, foods and beverages offered to owners and guests.
- Use owners/guests’ names when meeting, answering questions, making deliveries, serving, greeting and assisting owners/guests in anyway.
- Able to select and develop menus and execute with creative presentation technique if needed.
- Place orders with independent F&B and liquor vendors for daily breakfast and Après appetizers ensuring superior quality, quantity and cost effectiveness within budget.
- Ensure appropriate levels of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained in the lounge and around all food and beverage items.
- In charge of budgeting, ordering and serving food items for Après Ski and breakfast.
- Manages food and beverage costs and yearly budgets.
- Assist in set up, service and cleanup for Après Ski and breakfast.
- Be available for service during Breakfast and Après Ski to make coffee, pour wine, set the buffet, collect plates & glasses and wash dishes.
- Responsible for stocking and maintaining order in dry storage cage, liquor room and designated food storage areas.
- Manages the procuring, receiving, maintenance and stocking of food and beverage products.
- Responsible for keeping the owners lounge shelves stocked with wine glasses, plates, serving utensils and cups at all times.
- Able to assist Residence Club Management team with owner storage inventory and retrieval, weekly owner arrival spreadsheets and residence arrival inspections.
- Responsible for understanding owner discounts and knowing the location of all owner specific items (bins, bikes, skis, boots, etc.)
- Identifies owner needs and provides information regarding policies, services and amenities.
- Must be able to communicate to owners and guests about upcoming events, preferred dining recommendations and activities and events available in and around Vail.
- Coordinates efforts with Housekeeping to ensure that Owners Lounge area is clean: Polish, dust, pick up of trash, dirty towels, etc.
- Assist in keeping Owner Storage, and all Residence Club grounds neat and tidy.
- Ensures proper inventory of Owner Storage on property and communicate with 8110 for all off property Owner inventory.
- Ensures delivery and return of property to Owner storage as needed to Residences and the Storage Room.
- Ensures collection of caricature forms and pictures from Owners.
- Ensures adherence to safety and emergency procedures and observes safety precautions required to protect hotel and guest property as well as meeting and implementing energy and sustainable conservation efforts.
- Notifies engineering of areas needing attention in respect of maintenance.
- Resolves customer complaints/queries satisfactorily while maintaining a courteous and helpful demeanor.
- Possesses and maintains through understanding of industry and stays abreast of industry trends.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Schedule can be 5 shifts a week for 5 hours per day, mornings helpful.
Skills / Requirements
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards of the Residence Club.
- Principles, practices and techniques of the hospitality industry.
- Other department’s rules and procedures.
- Computer software applications in work processing, spreadsheets and hotel information systems.
- Food and beverage products, menus and promotions.
- Customer service principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Ability to be on your feet & alert for extended periods of time.
- Communicating effectively and efficiently with each department.
- Cleaning areas in an effective and efficient manner.
- Communicating in a professional manner towards owners/members and guests.
- Performing budgeting and accounting functions for assigned operations.
- Focusing on quests and provision of quality customer service.
- Reading, understanding and following residence club policies and procedures.
- Maintaining appropriate inventory of supplies and materials.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Pay: $17 to $20/hour
The pay range represents the low and high end of the Timbers range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of work, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Timbers total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include various incentives, such as tips, commissions, bonus, and many region-specific benefits
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time
Job Reference #: TSV