Pool & Beach Manager Recreation Department
SOUTH SEAS ISLAND RESORT: WORK IN PARADISE! Escape to a tranquil tropical island destination on the tip of Captiva Island! Work at a serene resort village and wildlife sanctuary, marked by 2.5 miles of beaches, gulf waters that glisten with endless shades of blue and boundless opportunity for adventure for our guests.
This upcoming year, we will begin writing a new chapter to add to our storied past. Elevated guest experiences, expanded services, and amenities accompanied by future plans to re-imagine and restore the famed South Seas Island Resort to its original grandeur.
We want YOU to be apart of it!
WE ARE NOW A TIMBERS RESORT:
Timbers Company is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories. Our vision is a promise of Paradise Perfected. Join us and explore the ever-growing collection by Timbers Resorts.
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE:
- Health Insurance/Dental/Vision/LTD/STD and Life Insurance
-401K, company matches 100% up to 4% of contribution
-Paid Time Off (PTO), increasing amount of time with tenure
-Transponder toll programs (if you qualify) for the Sanibel Causeway and Cape Coral Bridge
-$2 Employee lunches at our Keylime Cafe
-Employee discounts at selected retail outlets and selected SSIR vendor activities
-Employee recognition through the year
WHAT YOU WILL DO?
The Recreation Manager manages the operations of the resort's recreation facilities, which may
include a fitness center, pool, beach area and associated locker rooms.
- Monitors the day-to-day operations of the Resort Pool Complex and beach operations/services. Oversees the cabana & beach rental programs.
- Provides direction to and supervises associates, including selecting, monitoring, training, scheduling, and determining workloads.
- Performs daily office procedures that includes: monitoring emails for cabana and beach chair/umbrella reservations. Answering phone and following up on voicemails. Ensuring beach rental equipment is delivered and picked up in a timely manner. Prepping associates and coverage when not available.
- Manage all guest issues as they pertain to the pool and beach areas, equipment or pool malfunctions are reported into respective departments to ensure timely repairs.
- Reports any deficiencies to superiors. Formulates and organizes program plans and schedules for seasonal and weekly maintenance.
- Monitors inventory of cabana supplies (purchasing and receiving dept.) and place orders accordingly to avoid supplies running out.
- Assists with monitoring inventory of towels, pool lounge chairs, pool umbrellas, beach lounge chairs, and beach umbrellas.
- Keep all areas neat, clean and in good repair at all times including work vehicles.
- Enforces safety and operating procedures and provides for maintenance needs in compliance with health and safety standards.
- Provides great public relations and is knowledgeable of resort happenings; all to be of better service to our guests and owners.
- Ensure productive staffing schedules, handling employee relation issues, conducting interviews, and ensure proper training of associates in all areas.
- Assists in the development, recommendation and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards for the resort. Check in’s with team to ensure forward movement and be involved in evaluation processes.
- Work alongside the Director of Recreation to prepare necessary reports, order supplies and be accountable for departmental accounting; revenues, labor, and expenses.
- Works on projects, marketing initiatives, and contributes ideas to the growth of the department. Cross trained in all other areas within the Recreation Department.
- Assistance with the implementation of the Recreation Department’s internship program.
- Attend company meetings whenever necessary. Facilitate daily and monthly meetings with associates for effective communication.
- Assist and advise where needed with all recreational needs throughout the department that includes the pool, beach, daily activities, special events and group events. Must be able to work flexible hours, including evening, holidays and weekends.
- Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions, high heat and humidity. Directly involved with hurricane preparedness and other extreme weather conditions monitored on a daily basis.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, stand for long hours, and be able to lift, carry, push, and pull equipment.
Education & Experience
- Preferred College Graduate with a Bachelors Degree in Recreation or a related field.
- Must have a minimum of 1 years’ experience with providing activity programming or related skills.
- Full understanding of any and all software utilized in the Recreation Department as well as being active in civic groups and Recreation Associations.
- Must be able to work in weather extremes varying from below 40 degrees to over 100 degrees, lift at least 40 pounds and push or pull 300 pounds in a cart.
Pay: $50,000 to $55,000/year
Job Status: Full Time