Massage Therapist - Year-Round Seasonal
JOB TITLE: Massage Therapist – Year-Round Seasonal
RATE: Average Hourly Treatment Commission Range: $50.00 - $75.00 based on therapist availability and experience / modalities, plus gratuities.
REPORTS TO: Spa and Wellness Director
Responsible for greeting and welcoming all owners, guests, and visitors to the Spa; exceeding expectations with each interaction.
Seasonal team members have access to:
- Bi-weekly pay checks
- Partial reimbursement assistance on Ski Passes / Recreation (minimum massages or availability required if working for entire winter season mid-November through mid-April)
- Colorado Sick Pay
- 401(k) with company match
- Opportunity for gratuities and seasonal Holiday Bonus
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Local Perks and Benefits
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Be yourself and care genuinely about each interaction you have. Nothing is more important than the moment you are in with each owner/guest.
- Be on time for your shift and prompt with each appointment.
- Perform services within the appropriate time allotted for the service.
- Must have a passion for attention to detail.
- Strong desire to deliver optimal customer service.
- Be flexible with your schedule, supporting the needs of the spa.
- Ability to perform in a team-based environment.
- Able to work independently to complete tasks.
- Properly care for and clean equipment and use proper amounts of product to assist with cost controls.
- Adherence to the Spa PACT – Positivity, Absolutely, Confidence in Communication, and Time Management.
- Learning the spa, wellness, and retail offerings and consulting with guests to create a customized experience for them while maximizing sales.
- Provide consistent professional massage and body treatments in accordance with spa protocols and accepted certification practices.
- Uphold the standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by law and the spa’s policies and One Steamboat Place procedures.
- Perform prep work and properly clean and restock rooms as required.
- Follow all spa and One Steamboat Place (OSP) guidelines, therapist and room guidelines and following procedure handbooks.
- Follow proper channels of communication with Spa Director and Supervisor; communicate all occurrences that require attention involving staff or guests in the spa, fitness area or on One Steamboat Place property.
- High commitment to guest satisfaction and service including maintaining a courteous and professional manner and a positive, helpful attitude, exhibiting a genuine interest and willingness to provide the perfect spa experience to every owner and guest.
- Be knowledgeable/learn our spa, treatments, services, sessions, and retail, as well as programs, promotions and/or discounts available.
- Provide accurate, appropriate, and immediate responses to all requests by guests, ensuring complete guest satisfaction.
- Regularly attend, participate in and support training and staff meetings for the spa (typically two to three meetings per season).
- Interface with other resort staff to ensure that owner’s/guest’s needs are met in a satisfactory manner.
- Assist in all areas of spa operation as requested by supervisor or manager.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
- Must have proof of valid Colorado massage therapist license.
- Successful completion of a minimum of 500 hours of massage therapy coursework.
- Experienced with a strong desire to deliver optimal customer service and be able to create a spa environment that is comfortable and fulfilling.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- In all situations demonstrate Character, Courtesy, Calm and Charm.
- Learn all the services, products, and amenities available from the spa and the property.
- Knowledge of a variety of information pertaining to the resort and the surrounding area attractions, events, and restaurants preferred.
- Good personal hygiene and clean kept appearance.
- Critical, sound, decision making abilities.
- Ability to learn the policies and procedures of the department.
- Be detail oriented and have follow through.
- Speaking effectively to communicate over the telephone or in person.
- Ability to interface with other resort staff, supervisors, and/or managers to ensure that owners/guests needs are met in a satisfactory manner.
- Ability to become familiar with the ADP time keeping system and the Zenoti spa booking software.
- Follow instructions and priorities of tasks with little supervision.
- Ability to take direction, work individually and/or work in a team environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Learn and adhere to property standards for cleanliness and timeliness.
- Ability to use standard cleaning equipment, such as brooms, mops, and cleaning supplies.
- Stamina to perform massage duties during the duration of each 30-120-minute massage experience for owners and guests.
- May occasionally lift, carry, and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Vision to read printed materials and computer screen .
- Hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually low.
- Spa hours in the winter season are usually 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (occasionally 7:00 p.m.) seven days per week.
- Massage therapist shifts vary between four to seven hours, minimum four hours, based on therapist availability.
Pay: $50 to $75/hour
Average Hourly Treatment Commission Range: $50.00 - $75.00 based on therapist availability and experience / modalities, plus gratuities
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time