Marketing Manager, The Sebastian Vail, CO Hybrid Work option
Timbers Resorts is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Resorts is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought after locations.
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
The successful candidate will thrive in a busy environment, be an enthusiastic team player, and be willing to assist all departments with their marketing and collateral needs. Responsible for developing, implementing, and managing marketing and sales initiatives.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Manages internal and external marketing and communications initiatives; conducts product development projects and initiatives; ensures brand alignment.
· Directs website enhancements & maintenance, tracks, and reports on website performance.
· Manages the composition and editing of brochures, reports, newsletters, and similar materials for internal and external distribution. Utilize existing applications/tools to generate flyers. Support F&B outlet menu design efforts.
· Manages social media monitoring and response.
· Develops implements and manages onsite events & special programs.
· Manages POS development & printing efforts.
· Delivers marketing information/reporting in a timely manner; composes month end reporting on all marketing initiatives; performs trend analyses.
· Follows up on projects, transmits information, and keeps informed of activities.
· Schedules and arranges for meetings; organizes own work, sets priorities, and meets critical deadlines.
· Manages account relationships with important clients and meeting planners; conducts outgoing sales calls to obtain new group business.
· Works closely with leisure sales, group sales, marketing, revenue manager and reservations manager to create promotions that drive revenue and increase occupancy in the hotel and suites.
· Increases group sales revenue through acquisition, growth and retention of accounts.
· Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
· Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in an office setting and use standard office equipment; stamina to sit for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 20 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Timbers Resorts International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Timbers Resorts International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Skills / Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, hotel administration or a related field; AND three (3) years of professional marketing experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
· Policies and procedures of the department.
· Use of specified computer applications involving word processing, data entry and/or standard report generation.
· Principles and practices of sales and marketing.
· Graphic design and printing techniques and materials, including slides and video production.
· Hospitality industry operations, products, services, and trends.
· Social media use, management, and tracking.
· Office administrative practices and procedures.
· Business letter writing and the standard format for typed materials.
· Record keeping principles and practices.
· Correct business English, including spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
· Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
· Performing sales and marketing functions.
· Meeting performance/sales goals.
· Coordinating marketing campaigns, programs, and special projects.
· Preparing clear and effective newsletters, brochures, reports, correspondence, and other written materials.
· Composing materials independently or from brief instructions.
· Compiling and summarizing information and preparing periodic or special reports.
· Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
· Organizing own work, setting priorities, and meeting critical deadlines.
· Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives, and activities.
· Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
Hybrid remote. Primary work location will be in Vail, CO, with flexible work location with requirement to be onsite regularly monthly if not more as needed for business requirements. Must be able to get to and from worksite from home without assistance or compensation. Total compensation will be adjusted depending on availability to work onsite regularly.
Pay: $65,000 to $80,000/year
The pay range represents the low and high end of the Timbers range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of work, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Timbers total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include various incentives, such as tips, commissions, bonus, and many region-specific benefits.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: TSV