Loss Prevention Officer
This position is responsible for guarding the Resort's industrial or commercial property against fire, theft, vandalism, and illegal entry by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Satisfactorily complete the Basic Security Officer Training Series.
- Patrol all areas of the resort, investigate and document all unusual circumstances and safety concerns.
- Document, report and follow-up on safety hazards.
- Generate detailed incident and/or accident reports, which shall be submitted in a timely manner.
- Complete the required security forms to document loss prevention, safety and policy violation activities.
- During patrols, look out for suspicious and/or undesirable persons. Ensure all trespassers are escorted off property if warranted.
- Report all violations of resort and company policy to immediate supervisor or department head.
- Use proper radio procedures in accordance with the Federal Communication Commission (FCC) and report policy.
- Protect and follow resort procedure for all master keys and access.
- Be thoroughly familiar with the resort property and adhere to all resort policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Monitor resort security system and respond to any breech of security.
- Assist all emergency response personnel with any resort emergency and/or traffic management.
- Provide basic medical care to anyone injured on property until emergency medical personnel arrive at the scene.
- Ensure that all appropriate logs are completed accurately.
- Maintain proper care and maintenance of Loss Prevention equipment and vehicles.
- Understand and abide by the Employee Handbook and the Resort's standard operating procedures.
- Read and understand the Safety Management guidelines.
- Attend meetings and trainings as required.
- Support safe work habits and safe work environment at all times.
- Perform other duties as directed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
- Two (2) to four (4) months of related experience.
Certificates and Licensees:
- Valid driver's license with clean driver's abstract.
- Certificated in CPR and First Aid within six (6) months of hire.
- Valid State of Hawaii Guard License.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Fire and Life Safety systems
- Applicable laws, OSHA codes and regulations
- Basic record keeping practices and incident reporting
- Policies and procedures of the department
- Use of specified computer applications involving word processing, queries, data entry and/or standard report generation
- Proper business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write basic routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively with guests and other employees of the Company.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several simple standardized situations.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to talk or hear; bend; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop or kneel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move 50 - 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance and close vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate regularly works in outside weather conditions and may be exposed to fumes, humidity and loud noise. In addition, associate may be required to perform essential duty during inclement weather.
Job Status: Part Time