Line Cook I, The Sebastian
AM & PM available as well as FT & PT!
Leonora offers an inviting dining experience inspired by the French Alps, Spanish Pyrenees, and our own Colorado Rockies. Touted as a hidden Gem in the Heart of Vail Village, guests enjoy reimagined tapas, creative entrees and a curated wine list. Flavorful dishes prepared with locally sourced, alpine ingredients are thoughtfully prepared by our talented team. We're seeking several creative individuals who are passionate about food and intent on honing their craft. We strive to offer a work environment that fosters imagination, a positive work/life balance and a safe and inclusive workplace.
Excellent opportunity to build a career while having fun, meeting new people, and learning new skills.
- Merchant Ski Pass Program
- Free onsite Chef prepared employee dining room with hot meals and salad bar
- Free onsite shift parking
- Discounted bus pass for Eagle County & Lake County routes
- Discounted F&B, Spa Treatments & Retail up to 40% off
- 401K with Match
- Paid Sick leave for P/T & Seasonal Staff
- Wellness Bonus if worked through full season until ski area closing
- Full Time Year Round possible, with full benefits such as Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD/STD, Life, Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital Insurance.
Responsible for producing and providing premier food items to compliment the hotel’s restaurants while providing quality service to guests and visitors in a courteous and friendly manner and maintaining or exceeding the high standards of the hotel.
- Prepares, cooks, and portions meals.
- Creates and develops new menu items for tasting.
- Demonstrates proper procedures to staff as required.
- Ensures the proper presentation of plating each menu item that will be served.
- Assists in the development and creation of menus to maintain or exceed established criteria, paying special attention to seasonal availability.
- Stores leftover food appropriately, inventories and maintains stocks of food and supplies; receives food and supplies, unpacks and stores in the appropriate location.
- Utilizes proper FIFO rotation, as well as dating and labeling of production made. Inventories and plans for large orders or special occasions.
- Communicates to supervisor the need for additional staff for large groups or events.
- Ensures that all ingredients needed are ordered to the correct quantities, quality and price, conduct regular stock checks/stock takes.
- Maintains currency in food industry and trade trends for the good of the establishment and the profession.
- Ensures that food preparation equipment, cooking and serving utensils and the kitchen work areas are orderly, clean and sanitary.
- Reads and follows menus and recipes and computes basic mathematical calculations.
- Observes safety precautions required to protect hotel and guest property.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED supplemented by formal coursework in culinary sciences; AND two (2) years of experience as a journey-level cook; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills / Requirements
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Principles, practices and techniques of the cooking trade.
- Food and beverage products, menus and promotions.
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Principles, methods and equipment used in meal preparation in a restaurant setting.
- Safe work practices and sanitation related to food preparation and service.
- Inventory and record keeping principles and practices.
- Customer service principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Efficiently and effectively performing cooking duties.
- Focusing on quests and provision of quality customer service.
- Making accurate arithmetic calculations.
- Reading, understanding and following recipes and oral and written directions.
- Maintaining appropriate inventory of supplies and materials.
- Training others in work processes, recipes and procedures.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Temporary Housing may be available with full time seasonal hires with opportunity to get established and potentially find local long term accommodations to stay in a Full Time Year Round position. Rent is $275/pay period with a $500 deposit. 2 people share the studio apartment with kitchenette and bathroom, includes fully furnished, free parking for one car each, utilities, and all basic household needs.
Pay: from $21/hour
The pay range represents the low and high end of the Timbers range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of work, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Timbers total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include various incentives, such as tips, commissions, bonus, and many region-specific benefits.
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time,Seasonal
Job Reference #: TSV