Leisure Sales Manager at South Seas Island Resort
WORK IN PARADISE … at the beautiful South Seas Island Resort on the tip of Captiva Island on Florida’s Gulf Coast just across the bridge from Fort Myers.
Escape to a tranquil tropical island destination, marked by 2.5 miles of beaches, surrounded by glistening gulf waters and endless opportunities for fun and adventure.
South Seas Island Resort (SSIR) is now a part of the world-class Timbers Resorts which are known to be unique, authentic, comfortably casual yet sophisticated, and always fun. Where luxury is without pretense and the smiles are genuine. Timbers Resorts boutique hotels, resorts and residences are the perfect places to create unforgettable memories with family and friends, in the world’s most sought-after destinations.
Here's what we’re looking for … Passion Unites Us
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best. Grow your career with us and learn first-hand how to shape remarkable experiences for our world-class guests and Owners.
SUMMARY: The Leisure Sales Manager reports to the Director of Sales and Marketing and will solicit, negotiate and contract leisure travel agents, domestic & international FIT Wholesale, and Tour & Travel for new business. Through outside sales calls, tradeshows, telemarketing, referrals, networking and internet prospecting the successful candidate will maximize revenues and exceed goals. They will record, notify and coordinate customer specifications with other departments, efficiently respond to customer issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales. The position requires creation and distribution of effective internal and external communications (written and verbal), development and implementation of creative sales strategies, by analyzing current and future hotel/market/account trends. The candidate will maintain accurate records consistent with standards, participate in training, trade shows and maintain high visibility in support of the achievement of sales and revenue goals. The qualified candidate will have a four year degree or equivalent education/experience and a minimum of two year sales experience in a related position. Hotel experience preferred. Candidate will have knowledge of negotiating and sales procedures, be able to multi-task and have a professional demeanor to effectuate a positive outcome. A valid Florida driver’s license and passport is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a sales strategy and plan by analyzing historical, current and future hotel/market trends
- Create selling strategies to capture the maximum amount of revenue
- Solicit new business opportunities from international operators, travel agents and wholesalers through prospecting, sales missions, trade shows, and other direct sales tactics
- Prospect from various sources to expand account base
- Nurture to maintain existing client relationships to ensure repeat business
- Demonstrate professional presentation skills at Industry Trade Shows, Sales Events and Networking functions
- Travel to conduct domestic and international sales calls as indicated by the annual Sales Travel Plan and report on each trip via pre and post travel reports
- Organize and participate in meet and greet for familiarization trips for clients and agents
- Entertain domestic and international clients and conduct site inspections
- Communicate all client information to the appropriate departments via site visit notification forms and conduct pre-arrival internal meetings when necessary
- Prepare weekly or monthly activity and production reports for the Director of Sales & Marketing
- Assist in pricing decisions and the development of the annual budget for assigned segment(s)
- Research to modify existing or develop new wholesale contracts as needed based on hotel and/or market conditions
- Recommend and coordinate deployment of any promotions as may be necessary
- Work with the marketing team to develop marketing strategies for the assigned segment(s)
- Attend and potentially present information for internal and external meetings as assigned
- Execute additional projects as assigned by the Director of Sales
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned and the employee may be expected to work in other areas of the hotel when needed to assist operations to perform job duties not necessarily contained in this job description
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Required 2+ years in hospitality industry
- Four-year degree in hospitality or other business related field.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Position may require reaching with hands and arms
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, guests, vendors and co-workers, both verbally and written
- Computer skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills with emphasis on Outlook, Word and Excel
We have an AWESOME Compensation & Benefits Package …
- Excellent Health Care Insurance options
- Dental, Vision, Life Insurance & Long/short-term disability coverage
- 401K with company match
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Transponder toll programs
- $2 Employee lunches
- Referral Program
- Employee discounts