Lead Housekeeping Supervisor - South Seas Island Resort
SOUTH SEAS ISLAND RESORT: WORK IN PARADISE! Escape to a tranquil tropical island destination on the tip of Captiva Island! Work at a serene resort village and wildlife sanctuary, marked by 2.5 miles of beaches, gulf waters that glisten with endless shades of blue and boundless opportunity for adventure for our guests.
This upcoming year, we will begin writing a new chapter to add to our storied past. Elevated guest experiences, expanded services, and amenities accompanied by future plans to re-imagine and restore the famed South Seas Island Resort to its original grandeur.
We want YOU to be apart of it!
WE ARE NOW A TIMBERS RESORT:
Timbers Company is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories. Our vision is a promise of Paradise Perfected. Join us and explore the ever-growing collection by Timbers Resorts.
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE:
-Health Insurance/Dental/Vision/LTD/STD and Life Insurance
-401K, company matches 100% up to 4% of contribution
-Paid Time Off (PTO), increasing amount of time with tenure
-Transponder toll programs (if you qualify) for the Sanibel Causeway and Cape Coral Bridge
-Commuter van transportation availability, pick up/drop locations around Fort Myers and Lehigh Acres
-$2 Employee lunches at our Keylime Cafe
-Employee discounts at selected retail outlets and selected SSIR vendor activities
-Employee recognition through the year
WHERE WILL YOU WORK?
Housekeeping office and resort grounds
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• At least 2 to 3 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field required.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• College course work in related field helpful.
• Previous supervisory responsibility preferred
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with SSIR standards, including the scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working.
• Inspect staff's work performance within assigned section on a daily basis to assure that standards and productivity levels are being met and maintained.
• In the absence of the Housekeeping Manager or Assistant Housekeeping Manager, inspect all V.I.P.rooms and report their availability to the Front Office.
• Oversee the opening of the housekeeping department
• Ensure records of daily assignments are completed, signed off on and turned into the Housekeeping Office on time.
• Maintain key control system.
• Track all housekeeping scores and report them to leadership.
• Submit proper documentation regarding poor work performance, misconduct, excessive absenteeism, lateness and improper attire.
• Handle items for "Lost and Found" according to the standards.
• Report on progress of all out-of-order rooms under the Housekeeping Department's supervision to the Guest Services Manager daily.
• Initiate work orders for repairs and maintenance for doors, plumbing, heating/air, electrical equipment, furniture, carpets, drapes, etc. Follow through on each work order until completed.
• Provide inventory control and process any ordering of supplies