Lead Concierge Job description
Responsible for assisting residence club owners and visitors with dining reservations and recommendations, coordinating transportation, and recommendations/assistance with tickets for recreational activities, and assisting with check in and out of residences in a courteous and professional manner while exceeding the high standards of the resort.
Five (5) + years of experience in the Kiawah Island and/or Charleston, SC area required. Requires working weekends and occasional evenings.
Hourly wage plus gratuities.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs as central information agent for the resort.
- Identifies owner/guest needs and provide information regarding policies, services and amenities.
- Checks owners/guests into and out of resort in a courteous and professional manner.
- Assists with luggage details in coordination with the resort attendants.
- Provides owners/guests with information on property facilities, restaurants, activities, and local events.
- Operates the resort telephone system as trained to resort standards.
- Posts charges and payments to owner/guest and house accounts.
- Promotes property services and recreational opportunities.
- Prepares current or next day arrival lists and packets.
- Cleans and maintains the concierge desk area in an orderly and presentable condition.
- Inventories and replenishes any required supplies.
- Fulfills owner/guest requests as needed.
- Ensures delivery of owner/guest messages or packages as needed.
- Schedules and confirms restaurant, recreational of other bookings as requested.
- Schedules and coordinates area transportation to and from local attractions.
- Have excellent knowledge of Kiawah, Charleston, and surrounding areas.
- Assists with loading/unloading of luggage and personal items when needed.
- Assists with reservations and checking availability for owners.
- Provides directions and information as requested.
- Provides assistance with bikes, beach equipment, and other outdoor equipment as necessary.
- Arranges rental car pick up and key return.
- Coordinates amenities based off the next day arrivals.
- Use and maintain accurate and current information in concierge system.
- Establish and executes traces and conduct pre-arrival reaching out within established time period.
- Assist with cleanliness of work area, ensuring that it is safe for foot traffic.
- Courteous to all owners/guests, callers, visitors and staff alike.
- Proper use of clocking in and out from shifts, and 30 minute meal breaks.
- Facilitate sending of owner/guest packages with correct address and method of payment.
- Observes safety precautions required to protect resort and owner/guest property.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the club’s service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
- Preforms all duties and tasks assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; AND five (5) + years of hospitality/Concierge experience in the Kiawah Island and/or Charleston, SC area.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Proficient in creating guest itineraries and knowing the community happenings.
- Proficient in communicating with guests via phone, email and in person to customize an itinerary.
- Principles, practices and techniques of the hospitality industry.
- Computer software applications in work processing, spreadsheets and resort information systems.
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Customer service principles and practices.
- Proper business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Area amenities, activities and events.
- Focusing on quests and provision of quality customer service.
- Making accurate arithmetic calculations.
- Reading, understanding and following front office policies and procedures.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in an office setting and use standard office equipment; stamina to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 40 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $20.00 per hour
Pay: $20 to $23/hour
Job Status: Full Time