Housekeeping Office Coordinator-TSV
Responsible for providing administrative and operations support to the Housekeeping Department.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare daily residence assignments and update status throughout shift
- Answer incoming Housekeeping phone calls in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Communicates, dispatches and follows through with owner/guest requests up to completion in a timely and courteous manner.
- Notifies the Director of Housekeeping of areas needing special attention.
- Responsible for overseeing cleaning of all resort staff uniforms.
- Ensures all owner/guest laundry orders are logged, picked up, and delivered in a timely fashion. Is responsible for charging the owner/guest folio for any laundry expenses the owner/guest incurred during their stay.
- Periodically update manager and supervisors with the status of each board assignment to ensure all housekeeping services are completed on time.
- Maintains spread sheets for dry cleaning and uniforms.
- Ensures that attendance registers are completed daily in accordance with resort and statutory regulations.
- Oversees duty rosters and ensures that manning levels are correct, to agreed standards, and are not exceeded without permission.
- Assists with all department and interdepartmental communications.
- Perform housekeeping duties as required.
- Ensures proper accounting for lost and found items.
- Report any maintenance deficiencies for proper resolution.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a work team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; AND two (2) years of clerical/administrative experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Use of specified computer applications involving word processing, data entry and/or standard report generation.
- Use of specified computer applications involving the design and management of databases or spreadsheet files and the development of special report formats.
- Business arithmetic.
- Office administrative practices and procedures.
- Business letter writing and the standard format for typed materials.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Performing office support duties.
- Reading and explaining rules, policies and procedures.
- Resolving varied office administrative problems.
- Organizing, maintaining and researching office files.
- Composing correspondence independently or from brief instructions.
- Compiling and summarizing information and preparing periodic or special reports.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in an office setting and use standard office equipment; stamina to sit for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 20 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Pay: from $16.50/hour
Job Status: Full Time