Housekeeper - Winter Seasonal
JOB TITLE: Housekeeper – Full Time or Part Time Seasonal
FLSA: Non-Exempt RATE: $17.00-$18.75
Responsible for essential functions for the Housekeeping position. Maintaining the cleanliness of private residence areas of the property
Seasonal team members have access to:
- Bi-weekly pay checks
- Colorado Sick Time Accrual
- 401(k) with company match
- Holiday Pay
- Opportunity for gratuities
- EAP (Employee Assistance Plan)
- Local Perks and Benefits
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Be yourself and care genuinely about each interaction you have. Nothing is more important than the moment you are in with each owner/guest.
- Understand that the cleanliness of residence areas is a very important aspect of service levels provided at One Steamboat Place (OSP). We are the first impression people have of the residence and of our high standards.
- Responsibilities involve cleaning resident units and includes replacing soiled linen and towels, restocking room supplies such as soap and tissues, disinfecting bathroom and kitchen surfaces, dusting and polishing furniture, removing all trash, vacuuming carpets, and washing any uncarpeted floors.
- Additional tasks include cleaning door glass and interior windows.
- Learn how to operate various mechanized cleaning equipment, such as vacuums, polishers, buffers, etc.
- Responsible for disposal of trash and waste found in resident units.
- Will be handling various cleaning solvents and chemicals and must comply with all regulations such as OSHA, SDS, State Health Department, etc.
- Follow instructions on the safe use of germicidal cleaning solutions. All procedures for cleaning solution use will be part of housekeeping staff training.
- Use safety precautions and always follow instructed chemical use.
- Assist in the cleanliness and safety of lobbies, entryways, members’ gathering areas, and wine room.
- Assist in cleanliness of public facilities such as rest rooms, game room, tykes room, pool area, and entrances to the building. Stock with supplies as needed.
- Report any needed repairs immediately to supervisor. Such as: Leaky faucet or toilet, loose tile, broken windowpanes, missing nuts/screws, etc..
- Adhere to property standards for cleanliness, timeliness, checklists, and training guides.
- Ability to follow instructions and prioritization of tasks with little supervision.
- Bring all questions, comments, or concerns to the Assistant Housekeeping Manager, Housekeeping Manager, or if necessary, the Director of Resort Operations.
- Use safety precautions in all housekeeping services.
- Assist with other duties as requested or assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
- Willing to train.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- In all situations demonstrate Character, Courtesy, Calm and Charm.
- Good personal hygiene and clean kept appearance.
- Have a commitment to excellence in tasks
- Critical, sound, decision making abilities.
- Ability to work independently or in a group.
- Ability to be versatile and switch tasks as needed.
- Be detail oriented and have follow through or complete each task set or started.
- Ability to interface with other resort staff, supervisors, and/or managers to ensure that owners/guests needs are met in a satisfactory manner.
- Ability to learn ADP time clock system.
- Ability to enter times, room numbers, details of tasks on service sheets.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to use standard cleaning equipment, such as brooms, vacuums, polishers, and cleaning chemicals.
- Stamina to stand, walk, push, pull, stoop, squat, and bend for extended periods of time.
- Agility to perform services over an extended period (usually 8-hour shift).
- Must be able to work until all daily duties are complete, even if this means working more than 8 hours in one shift.
- Must frequently lift, carry, and/or move up to 25-50 pounds.
- Must occasionally lift, carry, and/or move up to 50-75 pounds.
- Must be able to maintain a fast efficient pace.
- Hearing and speech to communicate in person, on the radio, or over the telephone.
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- Winter Season – exposure to outside weather conditions.
- Requires working in dusty and dirty areas.
- Must be able to clean up human body fluids and waste, as required.
- Typical shifts are 8 hours, shifts may vary (days, weekends, holidays). (Earliest shift start times usually 8:00 a.m., shifts usually end by 5:00 p.m.)
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $17.00 - $18.75 per hour
Pay: $17 to $18.75/hour
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time,Seasonal