Guest Services Manager
Timbers Company is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Company is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
Position is responsible for supervising the daily operations of the Guest Services area. The major areas of supervision include; Transportation, Concierge & Bell Stand. Recommends and implements services and procedural changes. Monitors and controls expenses within approved budget constraints.
1. Supervise the Guest Service employees; interview, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, recommend performance reviews, resolve problems, provide open communications and recommend discipline and termination, as appropriate.
2. Supervise the daily operations of the Guest Service areas to comply with the company standards, safety regulations and to ensure an optimal level of quality service and hospitality are provided to the hotel guests.
3. Coordinate & supervise the activities & foster good relations with the car rental companies, tour & travel companies, limo services, etc... to provide the maximum level of quality services.
4. Plan and direct the transportation needs for groups, corporate customers & individual guests to assist the sales dept and attract and retain customers by providing top quality service.
5. Plan, implement and supervise the maintenance/sanitation program for the vehicles, equipment and Guest Service areas to protect the assets, ensure optimum performance and guest and employee safety and satisfaction.
6. Provide information and assist employees in recommending area restaurants, theaters, community events, activities, etc... to ensure optimum guest satisfaction.
7. Monitor and control the Guest Service's budget to minimize expenses.
Education and Experience:
- Two (2) to three (3) years previous hotel experience or related experience.
- Current valid driver’s license required.
- One to Two years of post-high school education
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Applicable laws, codes and regulations.
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to give attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- To be available to work evenings, weekends or holidays.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in work processing, spreadsheets and hotel information systems.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Status: Full Time