Guest Services Manager - Full time - One Steamboat Place
JOB TITLE: Guest Services Manager FLSA: Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Guest Services RATE: $55,000 - $61,000 DOE
REPORTS TO: Resort Manager
Oversees and coordinates daily operations of the Front Desk, Concierge, and Pre-Arrival Concierge. Ensures maximum owner, member, and guest satisfaction. Assists the Resort Manager in all aspects of Guest Services. Responsible for managing Alpine Mountain Ranch Summit Club Membership.
Yearly reimbursement for wellness, recreation, ski pass benefit
Opportunity for yearly bonus
Paid Time Off (PTO)
401(k) plan with company match
Medical, dental, vision plans
Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
Short and Long-term disability
Employee Assistance Plan
Company Cell Phone (or reimbursement toward personal cell phone used for company business)
Garage Parking privileges
Local perks and discounts
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Nothing restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Create an atmosphere of warmth, politeness, and authentic “absolutely” welcome with guest registration, check out, telephone service, and in-house reservations.
- Manage the front desk and concierge team in accomplishing their job duties and monitor employee relations.
- Adhere to and be knowledgeable of guest services budget and staffing assumptions.
- Observe front desk and concierge team and ensure that their duties are completed correctly and efficiently, guest complaints and problems are handled in a courteous and professional manner, and ensure prompt follow through.
- Ensure all shift policies are followed and adhered to (lunches and breaks).
- Correct any time clock issues for staff. Approve staff timesheets weekly.
- Create weekly schedules for front desk, concierge, and management team.
- Hold monthly front desk/concierge meetings to encourage improvements with operations and service and keep management and all other departments updated with any news, ideas, changes, or problems.
- Review current day's expected arrivals and check all VIP and special request reservations, and review departures.
- Responsible for checking the accuracy of billing and collection of credit cards on reservations.
- Observe all front desk/concierge staff are properly dressed and in uniform.
- Initiate and maintain personal contact with owners and guests pre-arrival, during visit and after departure. Be available to take guests on tours of the
- Responsible for knowing owners and members preferences and ensuring needs are being met.
- Create and adapt training material for all new and re-hired front desk/concierge team members.
- Train front desk/concierge staff with computer programs such as Opera, Microsoft programs, and ALICE.
- Ensure all operations systems are accurate with the most up-to-date reflection of ownership information. This includes but not limited to PowerPoint, Mailchimp, Opera, etc.
- Manage the weekly send-out of upcoming arrival reports to other internal
- Oversee that 2nd day reach-outs are being completed to owners & guests in-h Follow up with any issues that may arise.
- Responsible for seasonal key inventories and communication with facilities team on key needs.
- Oversee the communication of weekly code changes to in-house guests.
- Track and
- distribute cash gratuities to guest services and concierge t
- Oversee post-stay survey distribution.
- Creation of weekly door codes for the year and communicate these with Director of Operations.
- Responsible for introducing yourself via email and phone to each Alpine Mountain Ranch Summit Club Member, new and old, and acquainting them with the building and amenities.
- Responsible for having dedicated pre-arrival concierge for Alpine Mountain Ranch Summit Club Membership.
- Manages all areas of the Alpine Mountain Ranch Summit Club membership including locker assignment, vehicle parking decals, assisting with requests, and keeping track of guest usage.
- Responsible for all aspects of Alpine Mountain Ranch Summit Club guest fees; billing, pre-arrival; email correspondence.
- Check dedicated Alpine Mountain Ranch Summit Club phone line and email often and follow up with member needs as quickly as possible.
- Manage and audit newsletter distribution lists.
- Responsible for locker room a
- Manage the allocation of ski clips and locker inventory.
- Ensure One Steamboat Place (OSP) team receives updated real estate transactions and updated membership list from Alpine Mountain Ranch Summit
- Responsible for the creation and delivery of seasonal updates to the m
- Work with Alpine Mountain Ranch Summit Club (AMRSC) for communication and ensure all membership needs are met. Communicate all AMRSC member information to OSP internal teams.
- Oversee and edit the weekly owner/member newsletter, the “OSPulse”.
- Track and promote Alpine Mountain Ranch Summit Club event material.
- Audit and ensure member caricatures reflect current m
- Assist the accounting team with payment collection of Alpine Mountain Ranch Summit Club dues.
- Order supplies to keep front desk stocked of all necessary items to run efficiently.
- Follow up with outstanding ledger for Residence Club, Timbers Reciprocity Program, and Moving Mountains.
- Oversee and maintain quality and completion of administrative tasks at the front d
- Always use owners/members names when meeting, answering questions, making deliveries, greeting, or assisting owners/members in any
- Responsible for maintaining a high quality of services offered to owners, members, and guests.
- Responsible for Manager on Duty (MOD) shifts; have full understanding of MOD folder and be comfortable to handle issues as they arise.
- Track rodeo tickets and winter carnival buttons to make sure all are accounted for each shift.
- Ensure cash drawer has appropriate change available and is counted correctly each shift.
- Assist in ensuring Moving Mountains reservations are correctly entered into the Property Management System (Opera).
- Perform check-in/check-out services efficiency.
- Use and understand the OSP Timbers collection site.
- Maintain general cleanliness of lobby, back offices, entryway, and members gathering area.
- Assist with Exclusive Resorts related systems, phone calls, tours, inspections, and be comfortable with what is stocked and where to find things.
- Assist club service attendants/transportation staff as needed with valet and deliveries.
- Assist other departments as needed.
- Assist in ordering of special event material.
- Answer telephone with “Absolutely” Understand the phone system and be able to transfer calls and deal with situation when arise.
- Be present at Après Ski during winter, to assist as needed.
Supervisory & Training responsibilities:
- Directly supervises 5-8 employees within the guest services department.
- Directly supervises 1-2 employees within the pre-arrival concierge department.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; performance appraisals; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
- Prior supervisory / management experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in related hospitality/management preferred.
- 1 to 2 or more years of hospitality experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Making, changing, and deleting reservations for activities/transportation/dining requests for owners, members, and guests.
- Itineraries given to owners and guests for activities.
- Moving Mountains and the role they play with the resort. Know their team members and what their expectations are.
- Information pertaining to the resort and the area we serve.
- The telephone system and be able to transfer calls/deal with situations as they arise.
- In all situations demonstrate Character, Courtesy, Calm and Charm.
- Being familiar with computers and computer related software such as Excel, Microsoft Programs, ALICE, Canva, Mailchimp and Property Management System (Opera).
- Be detail orientated, have follow through and complete each task set or started.
- Strong communication skills and demonstrate leadership abilities to supervise all front desk/concierge functions.
- Must always speak and carry yourself in a professional manner in front of owners and members.
- Be yourself and genuinely care about each interaction you have. Nothing is more important than the moment you are in with each owner or member.
- Proper business English, including spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Speaking effectively to communicate over the telephone or in person.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities, and meeting critical deadlines.
- Work days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Discuss the Timbers Reciprocity Program and Collection (after training).
- Communicate effectively, supporting all other departments. Record and log information as needed.
- Read fire/emergency panel and remain calm under pressure or in the face of an emergency.
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, procedures manuals.
- Motivate, mentor and performance manage staff members, including corrective action to ensure continually high standards.
- Plan and prioritize tasks in a self-directed work environment and maintain high levels of productivity without direct supervision.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with co-workers, management, owners, and guests.
- Learn all varieties of information pertaining to the resort, the area, the activities and to make smart recommendations.
- Write routine reports, emails, and correspondence.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with co-workers, management, owners, and guests.
- Possess a current and valid driver's license, preferred.
- Work independently or in a team environment and take direction.
- Work until all daily duties are complete, even if this means working more than 8 hours in one shift.
- Regular attendance and punctuality in conformance with the standards, established by OSP, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Good personal hygiene and appearance/a uniform will be provided.
- Have, or ability to get, CRP/First Aid/AED Machine certified, preferred.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must frequently lift and/or move 5 - 25 pounds.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 - 50 pounds.
- Must be able to continually sit for periods of time at the desk, on computer and/or phone.
- Must be able to walk, stand, sit, climb, balance, bend, stoop to fulfill duties and give tours.
- Able to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for entire 8-hour shift.
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity.
- Must be able to grasp, write, use repetitive motion, listen, and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
Pay: $55,000 to $61,000/year
Depending on experience
Job Status: Full Time