Guest Service Agent - Winter Seasonal
JOB TITLE: Guest Service Agent – Winter Seasonal
FLSA: Non-Exempt DEPT: Guest Services Pay Range: $18.00 - $23.00 DOE
Responsible for providing a variety of duties related to Guest Services. Front Desk services are handled in a friendly, efficient, and professional manner. Able to answer all Owner & Guest questions and concerns. Must have knowledge of Steamboat Springs area and the property. Front Desk Agent focuses on building relationships with our Owners, Members, and Guests.
Looking for team members for winter seasonal starting immediately through early April 2023.
24-40 hours per week
Part time seasonal team members have access to:
Bi-weekly pay checks
Colorado Sick Time Accrual
401(k) with company match
Local Perks and Benefits
Opportunity for gratuity and holiday bonus
Partial reimbursement for winter ski/recreation if working 32 hours per week late Nov-early April
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Nothing restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Always use owners/members/guests’ names when meeting, answering questions, making deliveries, greeting, or assisting owners/members/guests in any way.
- Answer telephones politely with “absolutely” attitude.
- Respond to all Owner/Guest requests, questions, concerns with “Absolutely” attitude.
- Always maintain highest-level of guest service & professionalism.
- Book reservations for activities, transportation, dining requests, or owner, member, and guest needs.
- Follow up with requests in a timely manner.
- Perform check in and check out services efficiently.
- Use the computer system for concierge reservations, reports, billing, emailing, and activity scheduling.
- Prepare & deliver arrival/departure reports.
- Create and deliver arrival packet information for Owners & Guests.
- Prepare arrival documentation and policies; send, track, and ensure all information for Guests & Owners is correct.
- Ensure Owner and Guest billing is correct upon departure and that billing and departure information is delivered the night prior.
- Maintain knowledge of Owner & Guests itineraries while on property.
- Learn Owner preferences; utilize to create memorable stays.
- Maintain general cleanliness throughout lobby and entryway and members’ gathering areas, vacuum carpets, clean windows, dust, etc. when needed or if housekeeping needs assistance.
- Tour guests through the building and residences, pointing out and explaining amenities, Christy Sports, Truffle Pig, and other commercial businesses within the property.
- Be able to clearly communicate needs and requests among departments.
- Have knowledge of property, local events, and be able to confidently inform and recommend to Owners & Guests.
- Able to present daily Arrivals/Departures information during the internal morning operations meeting.
- Ensure front desk is stocked with amenities and required forms/policies/agreements.
- Assist in preparing and checking on coffee and breakfast set up periodically during the morning.
- Assist in completing seasonal front desk inventories/projects (winter & summer).
- Assist in monitoring Après Ski during winter.
- Assist owners and guests in the ski locker room if needed.
- Assist Club Service Attendant staff as needed with valet, deliveries, and assisting other departments as needed.
- Support and encourage work-life balance; assisting self and staff in obtaining their personal and professional goals.
- Additional duties throughout building operations as assigned.
Supervisory & Training responsibilities:
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED; and one to three (1-3) months related customer service and/or hospitality experience; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Prior experience in hospitality industry or equivalent preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Being proficient with computers and computer related software such as Microsoft Office.
- Ability to learn new software, such as Opera property management system and ALICE Platform
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Learn and understand the telephone system and be able to transfer calls/deal with situations as they arise.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
- In all situations demonstrate Character, Courtesy, Calm, and Charm.
- Ability to multi-task while remaining calm and focused.
- Be versatile, flexible, and willing to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Be detail-orientated and have follow through to complete each task set or started.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Be yourself and care genuinely about each interaction you have. Nothing is more important than the moment you are in with each owner/guest.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with co-workers, management, owners, members, and guests.
- Be professional with co-workers, vendors, and visitors.
- Have valid driver's license preferred but not required.
- Learn itineraries given to owners and guests for activities.
- Learn dispatch procedures.
- Learn about all other Timbers Resorts Properties, the Reciprocity Program, and the Timbers Collection.
- Learn One Steamboat Place’s different types of owners, guests, and members.
- Understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Read fire/emergency panel and remain calm under pressure or in the face of an emergency.
- Manage priorities and workflow.
- Always speak and carry yourself in a professional manner in front of our owners, members, and guests.
- Record and log information timely and accurately.
- Communicate efficiently with each department and follow each department’s rules and procedures.
Physical and Mental Abilities:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to continually sit for period of times at the front desk using computer and phone.
- Must be able to walk and stand throughout 8-hour shift of time to perform duties.
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity.
- Must be able to grasp, write, use repetitive motion, listen, and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Typical workdays are 8 hour shifts and may be weekends, nights, days and/or holidays.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.00 - $23.00 per hour
Pay: $18 to $23/hour
Job Status: Full Time