Group Rooms Coordinator, The Sebastian, Sign On Bonus $1000.00
JOIN OUR MISSION
Working for Timbers Company is an opportunity to join our unique mission to create special places and memorable experiences through passionate, attentive service. Here’s why our staff loves Timbers Company.
- vacations bring us all closer together
- the big dogs aren't all on Wall Street
- we've found the best places on Earth
- we are known by the company we keep
- variety is the spice of life
Timbers Resorts is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Resorts is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories.
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
Responsible for completing all Group Rooms Coordinator tasks in support of Group Sales and Conference Services; perform a variety of duties related to property reservations; responds to communications from meeting planners, guests, travel agents, and referral networks concerning all reservations for the Sebastian – Vail.
- Handle group reservation calls and emails to provide optimal customer service.
- Maintain accuracy of group blocks in SMS and Advanced (Salesforce) including cutoff date, room pick up, room type, suite blocks, rates etc.
- Ensure accurate set-up for reservations and group blocks for accurate billing.
- Identify, block and process staff and VIP and comp room reservations with each group.
- Ensure appropriate inventory and information is available for individual call-in groups via all designated booking channels.
- Set up and maintain master file for each group with pertinent information, including but not limited to approved changes applied to the group and documented conversations with clients, convention service managers and sales manager.
- Monitor group pick up, cut-off dates, rate, and room type availability to maximize hotel revenues and client/guest satisfaction.
- Audit all assigned group blocks, room rates and concessions against PMS per contract once group has turned definite.
- Actively participate in Group hand-over from Sales Managers upon execution of contracts.
- Ensure that blocks entered are consistent with pattern for group and that room type blocks flow for duration of the block.
- Work directly with group contacts ensuring timely and accurate communication of group’s lodging needs.
- Update as necessary as group rooms pick-up and/or cut-off date has been reached.
- Seek approval for additional rooms beyond contracted block as needed.
- Communicate details of interactions with meeting planners with Conference Services Manager.
- Facilitate rooming list entry.
- Ensure all appropriate information is available and communicated as appropriate in Host (SMS) to Timbers Winter Park Reservations for individual call in groups.
- Review rooming lists for accuracy of information, format and billing requirements.
- Identify, process and block rooms for staff and VIP lists as necessary.
- Facilitate special requests in SMS and/or using Alice as well as direct property communication.
- Communicate with management team as necessary.
- Facilitate consumption of any complimentary rooms or other contractual room requirements (e.g. complimentary upgrades) and communicate with all appropriate departments (Accounting, Front Office, etc.).
- Serve as liaison with accounting department to ensure all billing requests are configured and executed as necessary.
- Prepare all necessary reports and for each hotel’s Resume meetings – be prepared to discuss pickup and trending of groups during meeting.
- Communicate effectively and in a timely manner to internal Revenue Management, Conference Service teams, and Accounting, any information received that could impact the performance of each group.
- Participate in Pre-Convention meetings scheduled by the Conference Services Manager.
- Processes reservations by mail, telephone, fax or central reservation systems referral; processes reservations from the sales office, other departments, and travel agents; creates and maintains reservations records; prepares and distributes notifications of confirmation; processes advance deposits on reservations.
- Maintains awareness of the type of rooms available as well as their location and layout; updates availability in the reservations system.
- Maintains awareness of the selling status, rates, and benefits of all packages plans; communicates policy on guaranteed reservations and no-shows.
- Maintains awareness of the credit policy and how to code each reservation.
- Communicates reservation information to the front desk.
- Processes cancellations and modifications and promptly relays this information to the front desk.
- Tracks future room availabilities on the basis of reservations.
- Prepares expected arrival list for front office use.
- Assists in preregistration activities as required.
- Responds to inquiries and makes reservations as needed.
- Maintains accurate records and files related to the areas of assignment.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a work team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
- Completes lodging portion of all Pickup Report requests by 3rd parties (ALHI, Meeting Planners).
- Free onsite shift parking
- Discounted bus pass for Eagle County & Lake County routes
- Discounted F&B, Spa Treatments & Retail up to 40% off
- 401K with Match
- Paid Sick leave for P/T & Seasonal Staff, PTO for Full Time Staff
- Wellness Bonus if worked through full season until ski area closing
- Full Time Year Round possible, with full benefits such as Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD/STD, Life, Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital Insurance.
- Merchant Ski Pass Program
- Free onsite Chef prepared employee dining room with hot meals and salad bar
- Some full time seasonal positions offer discounted living onsite in employee housing, shared dorm style units during the season hired only up to the 1st 6 months of that particular season. Long term and single living arrangements are offered for management positions or those working overnight shifts available for on call outside of normal work hours.
Our company (“Company”) fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. It is our policy to provide employment, compensation, and other benefits related to employment based on qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. In accordance with requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable federal, state and/or local laws, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation upon request during the application process to applicants in order that they may be given a full and fair opportunity to be considered for employment. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we intend to comply fully with applicable federal, state and/or local employment laws and the information requested on this application will only be used for purposes consistent with those laws. To the extent required by applicable law, The Company maintains a smoke- free workplace
I certify that the answers given herein and during the entire application process (including but not limited to information provided in resumes, attachments to this application, interviews or otherwise (if applicable)) are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I understand that any misrepresentations, omissions of facts or incomplete answers during the application process may disqualify me from further consideration for employment. I further understand that, if employed, any misrepresentations or omissions of facts during the application process may be cause for my dismissal at any time without prior notice. I consent to and authorize the Company and ADP TotalSource® to contact my former employers, references, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give the Company or ADP TotalSource (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with any other pertinent information they may have and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a good faith reference. I EXPRESSLY AGREE AND UNDERSTAND THAT, IF EMPLOYED, MY EMPLOYMENT IS NOT FOR A SPECIFIC TERM, IS BASED ON MUTUAL CONSENT AND MAY BE TERMINATED BY ME OR THE COMPANY OR ADP TOTALSOURCE WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE OR CAUSE AT ANY TIME. I FURTHER UNDERSTAND THAT NO ORAL PROMISE, EMPLOYER POLICY, CUSTOM, BUSINESS PRACTICE OR OTHER PROCEDURE (INCLUDING THE BASIC EMPLOYMENT POLICIES, PERSONNEL HANDBOOK OR ANY PERSONNEL MANUALS) CONSTITUTES AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT OR MODIFICATION OF THE AT-WILL EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN ME AND THE COMPANY OR ADP TOTALSOURCE. I ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT MY AT-WILL EMPLOYMENT STATUS WITH THE COMPANY MAY ONLY BE ALTERED IN AN INDIVIDUAL CASE OR GENERALLY IN A WRITING SIGNED BY THE OWNER, PRESIDENT OR CEO OF THE COMPANY AND THAT MY AT-WILL STATUS WITH ADP TOTALSOURCE MAY ONLY BE ALTERED IN AN INDIVIDUAL CASE OR GENERALLY IN A WRITING SIGNED BY THE PRESIDENT OF ADP TOTALSOURCE. I understand that I may be required to qualify for employment based on additional employment criteria. For example, I may be required to take job-related tests; take a driver’s examination or take a preemployment drug test. If I am offered employment or start work before any required test is completed, I understand that my employment is contingent on a satisfactory result on all required tests. I authorize the Company and ADP TotalSource to release the results of my pre-employment drug/alcohol test (if any), any information on this application and any relevant information about me to each other and to other ADP TotalSource clients for whom I have applied for employment, and release the Company, ADP TotalSource and its clients from any and all claims related to the lawful release of this information. I further authorize the release of any background check results and of any drug/alcohol test to any state or federal authority requesting such information and in response to a valid subpoena or other legal document.
By submitting this application, I certify I have read above, specific job post requirements listed here.
Skills / Requirements
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; AND two (2) year hotel Reservations or Front Office experience
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Relevant experience in Reservations and/or Front Desk operations experience a plus.
- Desire to participate as part of a team.
- Comprehension of the reservation sales process and excellent understanding of the group sales/convention services process.
- Analytical approach to problem solving and ability to “think outside the box”.
- Strong attention to detail and hands-on.
- Requires excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform well under pressure and multi-task.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to execute tasks independently and efficiently.
- Must possess computer skills and detailed knowledge of various computer programs including, but not limited to, SMS, Delphi, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
Mobility to work in an office setting and use standard office equipment; stamina to sit for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 20 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. 40 hour a week onsite work required. (30 minute off duty meal period daily)
*Note: It is not necessary for you to identify unavailability for work because of religious observance or practice or any other protected classification. Subsequent to any job offer, we will consider whether a reasonable accommodation can be made.
Note: The Federal Immigration and Reform and Control Act of 1986 requires that a DHS Employment Eligibility Verification “Form I-9” be completed for every new hire and that within 3 business days of beginning work every new hire must present to the employer documentation establishing his/her identity and authorization to work. This federal requirement must be satisfied as a condition of employment.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
Pay: $22 to $24/hour
The pay range represents the low end for non-tipped positions. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of work, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include various incentives, such as tips, commissions, bonus, and job specific benefits. (see list and accurate pay range at https://bit.ly/3YmmOeA)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: TSV