Timbers Resorts is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Resorts is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
This position is primarily responsible for maintaining grounds of property.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conducts maintenance and care of all grounds including; lawns, walk ways, flower beds, walls, shrubs, and trees
- Operate vehicles and powered equipment, such as but not limited to, mowers, tractors, twin-axle vehicles, 1-ton trucks, street sweepers, utility vehicles, golf cars, man lifts, riding lawn mowers, skid-steer loader, back-hoe, chain saws, electric clippers, misc. battery powered tools, sod cutters, pruning saws, pressure washers, etc.
- Use hand tools, such as shovels, rakes, pruning saws, saws, hedge or brush trimmers, or axes
- Ensures proper care, water and nutrients are applied to all flora and fauna
- Mix and spray or spread fertilizers, herbicides or insecticides onto grass, shrubs, or trees, using hand or automatic sprayers or spreaders
- Provide proper upkeep of sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, fountains, planters, or other grounds features
- Prunes shrubs and trees to shape and improve growth
- Repairs fences, gates, walls, and walks
- Cleans out drainage, grates, inlets, ditches, and culverts
- Plants grass, flowers, trees, and shrubs as directed
- Assists in maintaining drainage, irrigation and watering systems
- Gather and remove litter
- Attends staff meetings and other trainings to maintain a current knowledge of technical and landscaping innovations and applications.
- Performs other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
High school degree AND three (3) to six (6) months of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Valid driver’s license
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Controlling operations of equipment or systems
- Communicate effectively in a professional manner; present information in one-on-one situations to guests and employees of the Company
- Ability to comprehend simple instructions/manuals, short correspondence and memos
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out general instructions in written, or diagram form
- Arm-Hand Steadiness – ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position
- Multilimb Coordination – ability to coordinate two or more limbs (e.g. two arms, two legs or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing or lying down
- Manual Dexterity – ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate or assemble objects
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to hear and see. The employee frequently is required to walk, speak, stand, stoop, kneel, use hands to fingers, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 – 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and distance vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with occasional loud noise.
Pay: from $19.92/hour
Job Status: Full Time