Front Desk Supervisor
$500 SIGN-ON BONUS
Timbers Resorts is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Resorts is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
Responsible for supervising and directing the Front of the House team in assisting guests, residence club owners, and exclusive resort members with dining reservations and recommendations, coordinating transportation, and recommending and assisting activities courteously and professionally while exceeding the high standards of the club. Responsible for front desk duties such as check-in, check-out, and billing. Concierge duties such as arranging activity, dining, and transportation both pre-arrival and while on property. Guest relations duties such as recognizing special occasions by arranging and delivering amenities. PBX/Operator duties such as handling incoming calls, and taking guest requests for our Housekeeping and Engineering departments. Reservations duties such as reviewing rental reservations, responding to email inquiries, creating traces, and collecting payments. Most importantly, relationship-building with owners is a crucial component of this position.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supervises the day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, and standards and meeting the expectations of our Owners and guests daily.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Participates in interviewing, hiring, and training employees. Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish the work. Handles complaints, settles disputes and resolves conflicts.
- Acts as central information agent and property ambassador for the club.
- Identifies owner/guest needs and provides information regarding policies, services, and amenities.
- Provides owner/guests with information on property facilities, restaurants, and activities.
- Have excellent knowledge of the island and surrounding area
- Coordinates owner/guest requests as needed.
- Schedules and confirms restaurant, recreational or other bookings as requested.
- Checks owner/guests in and out of the club courteously and professionally.
- Ensure guest registration cards and liability waivers are completed.
- Assists with luggage and vehicle details.
- Ensures delivery of owner/guest messages or packages as needed.
- Operates the club telephone system as trained to club standards.
- Maintains knowledge of residence details as well as rates, packages, discounts, and group package plans to process reservation requests or cancellations if needed.
- Ability to assist with booking reservations, following through traces, uncollected reservation deposits, and final payments.
- Posts charges and payments to guests, club owners and house accounts through SMS.
- Review guest folios before checking out. Review the organization of sub-folios, housekeeping fees, and resort fee postings.
- Review checkout with balance report (COWB) and credit limit, and process accordingly.
- Work with the Housekeeping team to verify residence status to ensure timely check-in at 4 pm.
- Oversees the daily night audit to ensure all postings are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Manages logistics of large check-in and check-outs
- Ensures all call logs, MOD reports, daily reports and opportunity logs are filed and communicated appropriately and timely to applicable parties.
- Works closely with the Operations Manager to properly yield manage residence inventory.
- Knowledge of furniture, fixtures, and equipment (FF&E) and operating supplies and equipment (OS&E) residences.
- Prepares current or next-day arrival lists and packets are complete with current guests’ itineraries and guides.
- Cleans and maintains the front and concierge desk area in an orderly and presentable condition.
- Assists with delivery/retrieval of owner/guest luggage and personal items when needed.
- Provides directions and information as requested.
- Arranges rental car pick-up and key return. Monitor the manifest and ensure contracts are completed correctly.
- Use and maintain accurate and current information in SMS and Alice.
- Establish and executes traces for Housekeeping and Facilities from pre-arrival outreach within the established period.
- Oversee concierge emails to ensure proper and timely communication with Owners/Guests and ER members.
- Monitor completion of weekly PowerPoint.
- Exercise polite and patient verbal demeanor over the radios
- Facilitate sending of owner/guest packages with correct address and method of payment.
- Observe the safety precautions required to protect the resort and owner/guest property.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the department to its Owners/Guests and staff members by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with the public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
- Monitor inventories and replenishes any required supplies.
- Performs all duties and tasks assigned by management.
FRONT OFFICE SUPERVISOR:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; AND two (2) years of hospitality experience, OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Principles and practices of employee supervision, including scheduling, selection, work planning, organization, performance review and evaluation, and employee training and discipline.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone
- Principles, practices, and techniques of the hospitality industry
- Computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, and resort information systems (SMS), Alice, Open table, Saflock, Source
- Policies and procedures of the department and company
- Inventory and record-keeping principles and practices
- Customer service principles and practices
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Planning, scheduling, organizing, supervising, reviewing, and evaluating the work of staff
- Training others in policies and procedures related to the work
- Performing accounting functions for assigned operations
- Efficiently and effectively performing front-of-house operations supervisory duties
- Focusing on quests and provision of quality customer service
- Making accurate arithmetic calculations
- Reading, understanding, and following reservation policies and procedures
- Producing standard written communication and reports
- Maintaining an appropriate inventory of supplies and materials
- Organizing own work, setting priorities, and meeting critical deadlines
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives, and activities
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The ability to stand or walk for an extended period or an entire work shift. Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point-of-sale systems. Move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
Job Status: Full Time