Front Desk Supervisor
Timbers Company is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Company is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
The Front Desk Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Front Desk Manager and/or General Manager
while providing attentive, courteous, and efficient service to all guests, prior to arrival and throughout
their stay. He/she is also responsible for maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• At least 2 to 3 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field required. High School
diploma or equivalent required.
• College course work in related field helpful.
• Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
• Must have a valid driver's license for the applicable state.
• Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
• Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
• Must be able to work well in stressful, high pressure situations, including ability to handle guest
objections and disputes to satisfactory results.
• Must be able to show initiative in job performance, including anticipating what needs to be done
before it becomes a necessity.
• Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
• Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying
and solving problems as necessary.
• Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc., from disparate sources and
consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by coworkers
• Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic
Job Duties & Functions
• Approach all encounters with guests and associates in a friendly, service oriented manner.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with company standards, as required by
scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper
uniform and name tag when working.
• Comply at all times with company standards and regulations to encourage safe and
efficient hotel operations.
• Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
• Set the standard for guest relations at the Front Desk.
• Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations.
• Monitor all V.I.P. and special guest requests.
• Review Front Office log and Trace File daily.
• Fully comprehend and execute all relevant phases of the front desk computer system.
• Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail in a timely and professional manner.
• Be aware of all rates, packages, and promotions currently underway.
• Be familiar with all in-house groups.
• Be aware of all closed out and restricted dates.
• Follow and enforce all company hotel credit policies.
• Be able to perform all duties of Front Desk Agent.
• Be able to complete and ensure that a proper bucket check, room rate verification report, and
housekeeping report have been accurately done and filed.
• Maintain proper operation of the P.B.X. console and ensure that all company standards
• Establish and maintain good communications and teamwork with fellow associates and other
departments within the hotel (set example for other associates, be the team leader).
• Assist the G.S.M. in ensuring that associates are following and maintaining company
standards (i.e., answering phones, call-backs to guests, guest request log).
• Have knowledge of and assist in all emergency procedures as required.
• Oversee and ensure that all guests are checked in/out in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner.
• Be able to perform, complete and ensure that all tasks and duties on the shift checklist are completed
in a timely and efficient manner.
• Ensure that associates are, at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests,
managers and all other associates.
• Ensure the maximization of room revenue through Rooms Merchandising.
• Answer all guest inquiries in a timely and professional nature.
• Be involved in departmental meeting, planning and execution.
• Help maintain productivity levels at or above budgeted standards.
• Perform any other duty as required by management.
• Assist in training of new hires and current associates on a regular basis.
• Attend meetings as required by management.
Job Status: Full Time