Front Desk Supervisor $22.00/hr at South Seas Island Resort
SOUTH SEAS ISLAND RESORT: WORK IN PARADISE! Escape to a tranquil tropical island destination on the tip of Captiva Island! Work at a serene resort village and wildlife sanctuary, marked by 2.5 miles of beaches, gulf waters that glisten with endless shades of blue and boundless opportunity for adventure for our guests.
This upcoming year, we will begin writing a new chapter to add to our storied past. Elevated guest experiences, expanded services, and amenities accompanied by future plans to re-imagine and restore the famed South Seas Island Resort to its original grandeur.
We want YOU to be apart of it!
WE ARE NOW A TIMBERS RESORT:
Timbers Company is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories. Our vision is a promise of Paradise Perfected. Join us and explore the ever-growing collection by Timbers Resorts.
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE:
- Health Insurance/Dental/Vision/LTD/STD and Life Insurance
-401K, company matches 100% up to 4% of contribution
-Paid Time Off (PTO), increasing amount of time with tenure
-Transponder toll programs (if you qualify) for the Sanibel Causeway and Cape Coral Bridge
-$2 Employee lunches at our Keylime Cafe
-Employee discounts at selected retail outlets and selected SSIR vendor activities
-Employee recognition through the year
WHERE WILL YOU WORK?
Front Office Operation - You will be our South Seas Ambassador, one of the first individuals welcoming our guests to the resort.
The Front Desk Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Front Desk Manager and/or General Manager while providing attentive, courteous, and efficient service to all guests, prior to arrival and throughout their stay. He/she is also responsible for maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• At least 2 to 3 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field required. High School
diploma or equivalent required.
• College course work in related field helpful.
• Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
• Must have a valid driver's license for the applicable state.
• Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
• Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
• Must be able to work well in stressful, high pressure situations, including ability to handle guest
objections and disputes to satisfactory results.
• Must be able to show initiative in job performance, including anticipating what needs to be done
before it becomes a necessity.
• Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
• Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying
and solving problems as necessary.
• Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc., from disparate sources and
consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by coworkers
• Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic
Front Desk Supervisors work in fast paced environments. This job may be required to stand for long hours and are exposed to Florida weather conditions, including high heat and humidity if working at either of our Welcome Gates.
Pay: from $22/hour
Job Status: Full Time