Front Desk Attendant
Timbers Resorts is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Resorts is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
The Employees at Timbers Kauai will lead us in building relationships and exceeding expectations with each one of our owners, guests, and staff members. You will also be working with a team-oriented, professional, and focused on results workforce. Front Desk Attendants are responsible for greeting and registering owners and guests, providing outstanding guest service during their stay, and setting the guest’s account upon completion of their stay. Primary responsibilities include registering guests, making and modifying reservations, PBX operator, and concierge duties.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Be yourself and care genuinely about each interaction you have. Nothing is more important than the moment you are in with each owner/guest.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working.
- FD Attendant will always use owners/members/guests’ names when meeting, answering questions, making deliveries, greeting or assisting owners/members/guests in anyway.
- Answer telephones politely with absolutely attitude. Understand the telephone system and be able to transfer calls/deal with situations as they arise.
- Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when communicating with other employees.
- Must always speak and carry yourself in a professional manner in front of our owners/members and guests.
- Make reservations for activities/transportation/dining requests/or owner, member and guest needs.
- Be aware of all rates, packages and special promotions.
- Perform Check in and Check out services efficiently.
- Have knowledge of acceptable restaurants and activities to recommend to our owners and guests. Must be able to effectively explain on-site amenities and outlets.
- Have knowledge of itineraries given to owners and guests for activities.
- Be able to record and log information timely and accurately.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Be able to communicate efficiently with each department and follow each department’s rules and procedures.
- Use and understand the computer system for concierge reservations, reports, billing, emailing and activity scheduling.
- Prepare arrival and departure reports and arrival packet information for guest visits.
- Be detail orientated and follow through or complete each task set or started.
- Have knowledge of all other Timbers Properties, the Reciprocity Program and the Timbers Collection.
- Knowledge of Timbers Kauai different types of guests (WO, TRP, RC, ER, Transient)
- Assist Bell staff as needed with valet, deliveries and assisting other departments as needed.
- Knowledge of dispatch procedures and be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Assist in preparing and checking on amenities in lobby set up during the morning.
- Maintain general cleanliness throughout lobby and entryway and members gathering area; Notify housekeeping to vacuum carpets, clean windows, dust, etc. when needed.
- Knowledge of residence inventory, categories, supplied equipment in residences.
- Residence and property tours.
- Reviewing reservations in SMS, adding traces, collecting payments on future reservations, and assisting with property inquiries.
- Must thrive on multi-tasking, be detail-oriented, and be able to problem solve in order to effective deal with internal and external guests.
- Must be able to read fire/emergency panel and remain calm under pressure or in the face of an emergency.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds with assistance.
Job Status: Full Time