Front Desk Agent
Timbers Company is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Company is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
Front Desk Agents are responsible for greeting and registering the guest, providing outstanding guest
service during their stay, and settling the guest’s account upon completion of their stay. Primary
responsibilities include: registering guests, making and modifying reservations, hotel operator, and
concierge duties. Providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests prior to arrival and
throughout their stay, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
Education & Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent required; College course work in related field helpful.
• Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
• Possess a positive and upbeat personality with a desire to deliver outstanding customer service to
• Demonstrate the ability to multi-task, be detail-oriented, and be able to problem solve in order to
effectively deal with internal and external customers.
• Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
• Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
• Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
• Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing,
identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the issues raised by co-workers and
• Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic
• Ability to perform numerical operations using basic counting, adding, subtracting, multiplying and
• Ability to read, comprehend and write simple instructions and/or short correspondence and memos
• Ability to use logic to define the problem, collect information, establish facts, draw valid conclusions,
interpret information and deal with abstract variables for unique or unfamiliar situations
• An operational knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
• Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights,
weekends and holidays
• Holds an understanding of hotel products and guest services (i.e. lifestyle, full service, resort, etc)
• Ability to participate in the creation of an enjoyable work environment
Job Duties & Functions:
• Approach all encounters with guests and associates in a friendly, service oriented manner.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper
uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards).
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with company standards, as required by
scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Comply at all times with company policies, standards and regulations to encourage safe
and efficient hotel operations.
• Greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in accordance with company
standards; maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
• Handle requests for information, mail and messages in an efficient and courteous manner.
• Answer guest inquires about hotel service, facilities and hours of operation.
• Answer inquiries from guests regarding restaurants, transportation, entertainment, etc.
• Establish and maintain good communications and team work with fellow associates and other
departments within the hotel.
• Be aware of all rates, packages and special promotions; Be familiar with all in house groups; Be
aware of closed out and restricted dates.
• Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations and follow rate quoting scenario.
• Be familiar with all Aimbridge Hospitality policies and house rules as well as hospitality terminology.
• Have knowledge of and assist in emergency procedures as required.
• Handle check-ins and check-outs in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner.
• Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of the Front Desk computer system.
• Ensure logging and delivery of packages, mail and messages as needed to guests and meeting rooms.
• Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when communicating with other associates.
• As needed, deliver guest items such as luggage, newspapers, messages, packages, amenities, or
other items requested by guests or team members
• Maintain an up to date working knowledge of all property amenities as well as any special events,
local area attractions and things to do around the hotel.
• Perform other duties as assigned, which may include, but is not limited to the following: helping
coworkers in other areas of the hotel, maintaining a clean and organized work area and overall
cleanliness and safety throughout the hotel and grounds.
Job Status: Full Time