Front Desk Agent, The Sebastian
JOIN OUR MISSION
Working for Timbers Company is an opportunity to join our unique mission to create special places and memorable experiences through passionate, attentive service. Here’s why our staff loves Timbers Company.
- vacations bring us all closer together
- the big dogs aren't all on Wall Street
- we've found the best places on Earth
- we are known by the company we keep
- variety is the spice of life
Timbers Resorts is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Resorts is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories.
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
Responsible for providing information to guests and visitors and assisting guests with check in and out of the hotel while providing courteous and friendly guest service in a courteous and professional manner while exceeding the high standards of the hotel.
- Identifies guest needs and provide information regarding policies, services and amenities.
- Checks guests into and out of hotel in a courteous and professional manner.
- Assists with luggage details.
- Uses suggestive selling skills and company sales guidelines to maximize revenue and occupancy levels.
- Maintains awareness of room details in order to process reservation requests or cancellations if needed, to include rates, packages, discounts and groups.
- Operates the hotel telephone system as trained to hotel standards.
- Parks and retrieves guest vehicles as needed, valet parking after hours.
- Posts charges and payments to guest, club owner and house accounts.
- Counts and balances cash drawer at the beginning and end of each shift; balances credit card shift report.
- Prints and distributes ski, weather or other reports as requested.
- Prepares current or next day arrival lists and packets.
- Cleans and maintains the front desk area in an orderly and presentable condition.
- Inventories and replenishes any required supplies.
- Processes hotel wake up program.
- Delivers guest requests as needed.
- Ensures delivery of guest messages or packages as needed.
- Observes safety precautions required to protect hotel and guest property.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
- Free onsite shift parking
- Discounted bus pass for Eagle County & Lake County routes
- Discounted F&B, Spa Treatments & Retail up to 40% off
- 401K with Match
- Paid Sick leave for P/T & Seasonal Staff, PTO for Full Time Staff
- Wellness Bonus if worked through full season until ski area closing
- Full Time Year Round possible, with full benefits such as Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD/STD, Life, Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital Insurance.
- Merchant Ski Pass Program
- Free onsite Chef prepared employee dining room with hot meals and salad bar
- Some full time seasonal positions offer discounted living onsite in employee housing, shared dorm style units during the season hired only up to the 1st 6 months of that particular season. Long term and single living arrangements are offered for management positions or those working overnight shifts available for on call outside of normal work hours.
Our company (“Company”) fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. It is our policy to provide employment, compensation, and other benefits related to employment based on qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. In accordance with requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable federal, state and/or local laws, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation upon request during the application process to applicants in order that they may be given a full and fair opportunity to be considered for employment. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we intend to comply fully with applicable federal, state and/or local employment laws and the information requested on this application will only be used for purposes consistent with those laws. To the extent required by applicable law, The Company maintains a smoke- free workplace
I certify that the answers given herein and during the entire application process (including but not limited to information provided in resumes, attachments to this application, interviews or otherwise (if applicable)) are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I understand that any misrepresentations, omissions of facts or incomplete answers during the application process may disqualify me from further consideration for employment. I further understand that, if employed, any misrepresentations or omissions of facts during the application process may be cause for my dismissal at any time without prior notice. I consent to and authorize the Company and ADP TotalSource® to contact my former employers, references, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give the Company or ADP TotalSource (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with any other pertinent information they may have and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a good faith reference. I EXPRESSLY AGREE AND UNDERSTAND THAT, IF EMPLOYED, MY EMPLOYMENT IS NOT FOR A SPECIFIC TERM, IS BASED ON MUTUAL CONSENT AND MAY BE TERMINATED BY ME OR THE COMPANY OR ADP TOTALSOURCE WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE OR CAUSE AT ANY TIME. I FURTHER UNDERSTAND THAT NO ORAL PROMISE, EMPLOYER POLICY, CUSTOM, BUSINESS PRACTICE OR OTHER PROCEDURE (INCLUDING THE BASIC EMPLOYMENT POLICIES, PERSONNEL HANDBOOK OR ANY PERSONNEL MANUALS) CONSTITUTES AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT OR MODIFICATION OF THE AT-WILL EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN ME AND THE COMPANY OR ADP TOTALSOURCE. I ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT MY AT-WILL EMPLOYMENT STATUS WITH THE COMPANY MAY ONLY BE ALTERED IN AN INDIVIDUAL CASE OR GENERALLY IN A WRITING SIGNED BY THE OWNER, PRESIDENT OR CEO OF THE COMPANY AND THAT MY AT-WILL STATUS WITH ADP TOTALSOURCE MAY ONLY BE ALTERED IN AN INDIVIDUAL CASE OR GENERALLY IN A WRITING SIGNED BY THE PRESIDENT OF ADP TOTALSOURCE. I understand that I may be required to qualify for employment based on additional employment criteria. For example, I may be required to take job-related tests; take a driver’s examination or take a preemployment drug test. If I am offered employment or start work before any required test is completed, I understand that my employment is contingent on a satisfactory result on all required tests. I authorize the Company and ADP TotalSource to release the results of my pre-employment drug/alcohol test (if any), any information on this application and any relevant information about me to each other and to other ADP TotalSource clients for whom I have applied for employment, and release the Company, ADP TotalSource and its clients from any and all claims related to the lawful release of this information. I further authorize the release of any background check results and of any drug/alcohol test to any state or federal authority requesting such information and in response to a valid subpoena or other legal document.
By submitting this application, I certify I have read above, specific job post requirements listed.
Skills / Requirements
Ability to work A.M. and P.M. shifts including weekends and holidays.
High School Diploma/GED; AND one (1) year of hospitality experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Area amenities, activities and events.
- Use of specified computer applications involving word processing, data entry, Springer Miller System (SMS) and/or standard report generation.
- Amenities, services, and room types for property.
- Resort activities and operations.
- Practices and procedures of cash handling, bookkeeping and accounting.
- Office administrative practices and procedures.
- Business letter writing and the standard format for typed materials.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Performing front desk duties in an efficient and effective manner.
- Determining the nature of a visitors needs and recommending appropriate actions or solutions.
- Speaking English effectively to communicate over the telephone.
- Resolving varied guest issues, concerns and requirements.
- Interfacing with hotel staff to ensure that guest’s needs are met in a satisfactory manner.
- Performing cash balancing and related financial transactions.
- Composing correspondence independently or from brief instructions.
- Compiling and summarizing information and preparing periodic or special reports.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
*Note: It is not necessary for you to identify unavailability for work because of religious observance or practice or any other protected classification. Subsequent to any job offer, we will consider whether a reasonable accommodation can be made.
Note: The Federal Immigration and Reform and Control Act of 1986 requires that a DHS Employment Eligibility Verification “Form I-9” be completed for every new hire and that within 3 business days of beginning work every new hire must present to the employer documentation establishing his/her identity and authorization to work. This federal requirement must be satisfied as a condition of employment.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
Pay: from $24/hour
The pay range represents the low end for non-tipped positions. Actual pay will vary and may be above based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of work, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include various incentives, such as tips, commissions, bonus, and job specific benefits. (see list and accurate pay range at https://bit.ly/3YmmOeA)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: TSV