Front Desk Agents The Sebastian, higher starting pay $24.00+ commissions
Fun team working with quality and luxury resort in the heart of Vail. Ownership and management invest in our staff and facilities, so if you join us, will invest in you!
Benefits are far above the competition.
- Full Time Year Round with full benefits such as 4+weeks Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD/STD, Life, Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital Insurance.
- Free onsite Chef prepared employee dining room with hot meals and salad bar
- Free onsite shift parking
- Discounted bus pass for Eagle County & Lake County routes
- Discounted F&B, Spa Treatments & Retail up to 40% off
- 401K with Match
- Paid Sick leave for P/T & Seasonal Staff
- Merchant Ski Pass Program and Wellness Bonus, to cover cost of ski pass or other cost for physical fitness, if worked through full season until ski area closing, amount varies depending on start date
Responsible for providing information to guests and visitors and assisting guests with check in and out of the hotel while providing courteous and friendly guest service in a courteous and professional manner while exceeding the high standards of the hotel.
- Identifies guest needs and provide information regarding policies, services and amenities.
- Checks guests into and out of hotel in a courteous and professional manner.
- Assists with luggage details.
- Uses suggestive selling skills and company sales guidelines to maximize revenue and occupancy levels.
- Maintains awareness of room details in order to process reservation requests or cancellations if needed, to include rates, packages, discounts and groups.
- Operates the hotel telephone system as trained to hotel standards.
- Parks and retrieves guest vehicles as needed, valet parking after hours.
- Posts charges and payments to guest, club owner and house accounts.
- Counts and balances cash drawer at the beginning and end of each shift; balances credit card shift report.
- Prints and distributes ski, weather or other reports as requested.
- Prepares current or next day arrival lists and packets.
- Cleans and maintains the front desk area in an orderly and presentable condition.
- Inventories and replenishes any required supplies.
- Processes hotel wake up program.
- Delivers guest requests as needed.
- Ensures delivery of guest messages or packages as needed.
- Observes safety precautions required to protect hotel and guest property.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Timbers Resorts International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Timbers Resorts International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Skills / Requirements
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; AND one (1) year of hospitality experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
Policies and procedures of the department.
Area amenities, activities and events.
Use of specified computer applications involving word processing, data entry, Springer Miller System (SMS) and/or standard report generation.
Amenities, services, and room types for property.
Resort activities and operations.
Practices and procedures of cash handling, bookkeeping and accounting.
Office administrative practices and procedures.
Business letter writing and the standard format for typed materials.
Record keeping principles and practices.
Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Performing front desk duties in an efficient and effective manner.
- Determining the nature of a visitors needs and recommending appropriate actions or solutions.
- Speaking English effectively to communicate over the telephone.
- Resolving varied guest issues, concerns and requirements.
- Interfacing with hotel staff to ensure that guest’s needs are met in a satisfactory manner.
- Performing cash balancing and related financial transactions.
- Composing correspondence independently or from brief instructions.
- Compiling and summarizing information and preparing periodic or special reports.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
Timbers Resorts is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Resorts is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories.
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
Pay: from $24/hour
Pay Comments: The pay range represents the low and high end of the Timbers range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of work, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Timbers total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include various incentives, such as tips, commissions, bonus, and many region-specific benefits
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: TSV