Food Runner/Busser at Harborside Bar & Grill
SOUTH SEAS ISLAND RESORT: WORK IN PARADISE! Escape to a tranquil tropical island destination on the tip of Captiva Island! Work at a serene resort village and wildlife sanctuary, marked by 2.5 miles of beaches, gulf waters that glisten with endless shades of blue and boundless opportunity for adventure for our guests.
This upcoming year, we will begin writing a new chapter to add to our storied past. Elevated guest experiences, expanded services, and amenities accompanied by future plans to re-imagine and restore the famed South Seas Island Resort to its original grandeur.
We want YOU to be apart of it!
WE ARE NOW A TIMBERS RESORT:
Timbers Company is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories. Our vision is a promise of Paradise Perfected. Join us and explore the ever-growing collection by Timbers Resorts.
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE:
- Health Insurance/Dental/Vision/LTD/STD and Life Insurance
-401K, company matches 100% up to 4% of contribution
-Paid Time Off (PTO), increasing amount of time with tenure
-Transponder toll programs (if you qualify) for the Sanibel Causeway and Cape Coral Bridge
-$2 Employee lunches at our Keylime Cafe
-Employee discounts at selected retail outlets and selected SSIR vendor activities
-Employee recognition through the year
-TIPS(Alcohol Awareness) and SafeStaff certifications can be scheduled and accomplished on property, facilitation by HR Manager
WHERE WILL YOU WORK?
We invite you to join us for dinner and expertly crafted cocktails at our newly re-imagined Harborside Bar and Grill located in our Yacht Harbour Marina, where the focus is on the freshest local seafood and breathtaking views.
The Food Runner creates an excellent dining experience for members and guests by anticipating their needs and serving them in a professional and efficient manner. Provide food and beverage items in a friendly, enthusiastic, professional and timely manner. May also pick up duties as a busser to enhance cleanliness and timeliness of guest turn around.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent required unless currently enrolled.
- Minimum of one year previous experience as a server or server assistant in an upscale restaurant, hotel/resort or private club environment preferred.
- Certification of previous training in liquor, wine and food service including Alcohol Awareness Certification preferred.
- Must be able to work in an outdoor environment in all weather conditions.
- Must have professional appearance.
- Must be able to effectively multitask in an extremely fast paced environment.
- Must be able to comply with standards of responsible alcohol service.
- Must be physically able to safely lift and carry trays, kegs and cases weighing up to 50 lbs several times during the course of a shift.
- Must be physically able to climb, lift, reach, bend and stoop.
- Must be able to work in a standing position and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to effectively and professionally communicate with guest, co-workers and management.
- Candidates in this role will be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Runners work in fast paced environments. This job may be required to stand for long hours and are exposed to hot kitchen environments on a daily basis.
Pay: from $10/hour
Job Status: Full Time