Food & Beverage Supervisor at Scoops & Slices Restaurant
SOUTH SEAS ISLAND RESORT: WORK IN PARADISE! Escape to a tranquil tropical island destination on the tip of Captiva Island! Work at a serene resort village and wildlife sanctuary, marked by 2.5 miles of beaches, gulf waters that glisten with endless shades of blue and boundless opportunity for adventure for our guests.
This upcoming year, we will begin writing a new chapter to add to our storied past. Elevated guest experiences, expanded services, and amenities accompanied by future plans to re-imagine and restore the famed South Seas Island Resort to its original grandeur.
We want YOU to be apart of it!
WE ARE NOW A TIMBERS RESORT:
Timbers Company is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories. Our vision is a promise of Paradise Perfected. Join us and explore the ever-growing collection by Timbers Resorts.
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE:
- Health Insurance/Dental/Vision/LTD/STD and Life Insurance
-401K, company matches 100% up to 4% of contribution
-Paid Time Off (PTO), increasing amount of time with tenure
-Transponder toll programs (if you qualify) for the Sanibel Causeway and Cape Coral Bridge
-$2 Employee lunches at our Keylime Cafe
-Employee discounts at selected retail outlets and selected SSIR vendor activities
-Employee recognition through the year
-TIPS(Alcohol Awareness) and SafeStaff certifications can be scheduled and accomplished on property, facilitation by HR Manager
WHERE WILL YOU WORK?
Step back in time into a very sweet dream at South Seas Island Resort’s 1950s ice cream shop style diner, with its red booths, red tables to lounge in while you decide what else you’d like to indulge in. Where there’s beer and wine and the cartoons are always on. Milkshakes, s’mores sundaes, a wide selection of Edy’s ice cream, and four yogurt machines with flavors you can swirl. Specialty pizza, build your own pizza, and pizza by the slice. It’s all fresh and hand-tossed, served crisp and hot.
But it’s not all just scoops and slices. You’ll also find chicken tenders, hot dogs, sliders, and a variety of fun foods. Even some retail, stuffed animals, and candies. This is our fun place. Located just outside of the Resort Pool Complex at North Pointe, it’s the perfect place to take a break from the pool or get out of the sun.
The Food & Beverage Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Food and Beverage Manager in
ensuring first quality Food and Beverage service, while maintaining adherence to budgeted payroll and
overhead costs. He/she is also responsible for continually working toward improving Food and
Beverage sales revenues beyond budget with great customer service skills.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• At least 1 year of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field required. High School diploma
or equivalent required.
• College course work in related field helpful.
• Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
• Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
• Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
• Must be able to show initiative in job performance, including anticipating what needs to be done
before it becomes a necessity.
• Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
• Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
• Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing,
identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc., from disparate sources and
consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by coworkers
• Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic
Pay: $17 to $20/hour
Job Status: Full Time