Food and Beverage Supervisor - 10 months per year - full time - OSP
JOB TITLE: Food & Beverage Supervisor FLSA: Non-Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage RATE: $21.00 - $26.00 per hour DOE
One Steamboat Place is looking for a Lead Food and Beverage Supervisor to oversee and coordinate daily operations of Food & Beverage (F&B) department. Ensures maximum owner, member, and guest satisfaction. Assists the Resort Manager in all aspects of wine storage, breakfast and après ski. Responsible for supervising other F&B team members.
Full-time 10-Month team members normally work 10 months out of the year. Typical time off periods include two 4-week periods, usually during April-May and September-October, subject to resort needs.
This is not a restaurant or a chef position.
Full Time 10-Month Benefits include:
Yearly reimbursement for wellness, recreation, ski pass benefit
Opportunity for yearly bonus and quarterly gratuities
Paid Time Off (PTO)
401(k) plan with company match
Medical (with Basic Life and AD&D Insurance, and Long-Term Disability)
Dental and Vision plans
Employee Assistance Plan
Garage Parking privileges
Local perks and discounts
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Nothing restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Be yourself and care genuinely about each interaction you have. Nothing is more important than the moment you are in with each member, owner, and/or guest.
- Lead F&B Supervisor will always use owners/guests’ names when meeting, answering questions, making deliveries, serving, greeting, and assisting them in any way.
- The Lead F&B Supervisor is responsible for training the F&B staff in the “absolutely” One Steamboat Place (OSP) culture and ensuring to introduce the team to all owners and members.
- Responsible for maintaining a high quality of services, foods, and beverages offered to owners, members, and guests.
- Able to select catering services and execute presentation on the Après Ski buffet.
- Place orders with Shamrock Food Service and independent caterers or restaurants for daily breakfast and Après appetizers ensuring superior quality, quantity, and cost effectiveness.
- Ensure appropriate levels of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained with the F&B staff, in the kitchen, and around all food and beverage items.
- In charge of budgeting, ordering, and inventory of food and beverage items for breakfast and Après Ski.
- Manages the schedule for the F&B team and ensures everyone is prepared for their shifts.
- Assist staff members in set up, service, and cleanup for breakfast and Après Ski, always leaving the wine room, kitchen, and gathering room in pristine condition.
- Be available for service during breakfast and Après Ski to make coffee, pour wine, set the buffet, collect plates and glasses and wash dishes.
- Responsible for stocking and maintaining order in 4th floor F&B storage closet, basement, and L3 kitchen.
- Manages the procuring, receiving, and stocking of food and beverage products as well as wine shipments for owners’ wine storage.
- Responsible for sending out owner wine inventory weekly prior to their arrival.
- Assist housekeeping staff as needed to ensure that Wine Room area is polished, L3 bathrooms are stocked, and trash, dirty towels, other misc. debris is picked up in the area.
- Responsible for keeping the wine room kitchen stocked with wine glasses, plates, serving utensils, and cups always.
- Keeps inventory of all wine in the Wine Rooms, East Wing, and Basement cellars.
- Performs seasonal wine cellar reviews, ensuring all bottles are properly logged and accounted for.
- Be able to communicate efficiently with each department and follow each department’s rules and procedures.
- Must be able to multitask.
- Communicates with local vendors to schedule trunk shows during Après Ski and ensures they are contributing to a charitable, non-profit.
- Responsible for communicating how local vendors arrive, set up, break down and display their products.
- Clear communication with the Resort Manager on all items related to F&B, including ordering, and staffing needs.
- Assist other departments as needed.
- Assist in ordering of special event material.
- Answer telephone with “Absolutely” attitude.
- Understand the phone system and be able to transfer calls and deal with situation when arise.
Supervisory & Training Responsibilities:
- Directly supervises up to 5-8 employees within the F&B department.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Prior Food & Beverage service preferred.
- 1 to 2 or more years of hospitality experience, preferred.
- Ability to be TIPS certified (Training for Intervention Procedures)
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Microsoft Office products including Email, Excel, and Word.
- Knowledge and interest in food and wine.
- Food hygiene and food safety understanding.
- In all situations demonstrate Character, Courtesy, Calm and Charm.
- Be detail orientated, have follow through and complete each task set or started.
- Strong communication skills in person, on the phone, or through email.
- Must always speak and carry yourself in a professional manner in front of owners, members and guests.
- Proper business English, including spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Speaking effectively to communicate over the telephone or in person.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities, and meeting critical deadlines.
- Work days, afternoons, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Remain calm under pressure or in the face of an emergency.
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, procedures manuals.
- Must always speak and carry yourself in a professional manner in front of our owners/members and guests.
- Motivate, mentor, and performance management of staff members, including corrective action to ensure continually high standards.
- Plan and prioritize tasks in a self-directed work environment and maintain high levels of productivity without direct supervision.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with co-workers, management, owners, and guests.
- Write routine reports, emails, and correspondence.
- Learn all varieties of information pertaining to the resort, the area, the activities and to make smart recommendations.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with co-workers, management, owners, and guests.
- Possess a current and valid U. S. driver's license, with a safe driving record, to be able to pick up beer and wine kegs, and shop locally for supplies as needed.
- Work independently or in a team environment and take direction.
- Work until all daily duties are complete, even if this means working more than 8 hours in one shift.
- Regular attendance and punctuality in conformance with the standards, established by OSP, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Good personal hygiene and appearance; a uniform shirt and nametag will be provided.
- Have, or ability to get, CRP/First Aid/AED Machine certified, preferred.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must frequently lift and/or move 5 - 25 pounds for food storage and set up.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 - 50 pounds for moving beer and wine kegs, food storage items, etc.
- Must be able to move throughout the resort, climb, balance, bend, and stoop to fulfill duties and give tours.
- Able to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for entire 8-hour shift.
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity.
- Must be able to grasp, write, use repetitive motion, listen, and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is typically low to moderate.
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
Pay: $21 to $26/hour
Job Status: Full Time