Food and Beverage Manager - Harborside Restaurant
SOUTH SEAS ISLAND RESORT: WORK IN PARADISE! Escape to a tranquil tropical island destination on the tip of Captiva Island! Work at a serene resort village and wildlife sanctuary, marked by 2.5 miles of beaches, gulf waters that glisten with endless shades of blue and boundless opportunity for adventure for our guests.
This upcoming year, we will begin writing a new chapter to add to our storied past. Elevated guest experiences, expanded services, and amenities accompanied by future plans to re-imagine and restore the famed South Seas Island Resort to its original grandeur.
We want YOU to be apart of it!
WE ARE NOW A TIMBERS RESORT:
Timbers Company is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories. Our vision is a promise of Paradise Perfected. Join us and explore the ever-growing collection by Timbers Resorts.
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE:
- Health Insurance/Dental/Vision/LTD/STD and Life Insurance
-401K, company matches 100% up to 4% of contribution
-Paid Time Off (PTO), increasing amount of time with tenure
-Transponder toll programs (if you qualify) for the Sanibel Causeway and Cape Coral Bridge
-$2 Employee lunches at our Keylime Cafe
-Employee discounts at selected retail outlets and selected SSIR vendor activities
-Employee recognition through the year
WHAT YOU WILL DO?
The Food & Beverage Manager is responsible for assuring attentive, friendly, courteous and efficient service in all F&B Outlets while maintaining adherence to budgeted payroll and overhead cost. He/she is also responsible for continually working towards improving the outlets revenues to exceed budget.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Comply at all times with South Seas Island Resort’s standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable for position to include: Food Handlers, Alcohol Awareness, CPR and First Aid
- Be familiar with the organization of the hotel and know the function of each department.
- Ensure training of all Food and Beverage personnel using the steps to effective training according to South Seas Island Resort’s standards.
- Maintain follow-through of all guest requests, problems, complaints and/or accidents which occur in the outlets.
- Coach, counsel and discipline all F&B personnel according to company S.O.P.’s.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and provide training on a rotational basis using the steps to effective training according to company standards.
- Prepare and conduct all F&B interviews and follow hiring procedures according to company S.O.P.'s.
- Prepare employee shift schedule according to the business forecast, payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements.
- Ensure that wage progress and productivity reports are completed accurately and on a timely basis.
- Conduct all 90 day and annual employee performance appraisals according to company S.O.P.'s.
- Ensure implementation of all policies and house rules.
- Assist in developing and ensure implementation of Food and Beverage promotional ideas.
- Ensure all beverage costs are maintained to meet budget.
- Focus the F&B Department on their role in contributing to the guest service scores.
- Ensure compliance to company training using the steps to effective training according to South Seas Island Resort’s standards.
- Develop, initiate, and promote sales, including up selling, programs for use by all service personnel.
- Ensure South Seas Island Resort’s service standards are maintained throughout the Food and Beverage Department.
- Initiate all necessary F&B-related reports according to company standards.
- Ensure that F&B employees are at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to guests, all other employees and managers.
- Organize and conduct monthly department meetings staff
- Purchase Food & Beverage operating equipment as needed.
- Conduct monthly beverage inventories and reconciliations.
- Ensure that the quality and presentation of all food products are according to South Seas Island Resort’s standard.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers, employees and other departments.
- Use the hotel's P.O.S. system to print reports. Analyze reports generated.
- Assist the General Manager and Engineering Department in implementing and maintaining emergency procedures.
- Complete all required correspondence in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain close communication links with all employees. Provide a motivating influence and seek input regarding food and beverage issues from employees. Ensure a high level of positive communication exists between the Food & Beverage and Food Production staffs.
- Perform P.O.S. changes in menus or additions/deletions of servers as necessary.
- Maintain required pars of all stock.
- Review food sales for accuracy daily.
Education and Experience:
- At least 3 or more years of related experience.
- Must be proficient in Windows operating systems, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc., from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, clarifying and resolving the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
Must have the ability to lift at 25 – 100 pounds. While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be required to walk or stand for long periods of time. Must be able to bend, climb, balance, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl without hindrance. While performing this job, employee will be exposed to sunlight, heat, wet and/or humid conditions. Ability to climb on step stool or ladder in order to complete elements of the job or facilitate maintenance issues. Fine motor skills