SOUTH SEAS ISLAND RESORT: WORK IN PARADISE! Escape to a tranquil tropical island destination on the tip of Captiva Island! Work at a serene resort village and wildlife sanctuary, marked by 2.5 miles of beaches, gulf waters that glisten with endless shades of blue and boundless opportunity for adventure for our guests.
This upcoming year, we will begin writing a new chapter to add to our storied past. Elevated guest experiences, expanded services, and amenities accompanied by future-plans to re-imagine and restore the famed South Seas Island Resort to its original grandeur.
We want YOU to be a part of it!
WE ARE NOW A TIMBERS RESORT:
Timbers Company is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories. Our vision is a promise of Paradise Perfected. Join us and explore the ever-growing collection by Timbers Resorts.
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE:
-Health Insurance/Dental/Vision/LTD/STD and Life Insurance
-401K, company matches 100% up to 4% of contribution
-Paid Time Off (PTO), increasing amount of time with tenure
-Transponder toll programs (if you qualify) for the Sanibel Causeway and Cape Coral Bridge
-Commuter van transportation availability, pick up/drop locations around Fort Myers and Lehigh Acres
-$2 Employee lunches at our Key lime Cafe
-Employee discounts at selected retail outlets and selected SSIR (South Seas Island Resort) vendor activities
-Employee recognition through the year
Under direct supervision of the Fleet Manager, the Fleet Manager Mechanic is responsible for maintaining, repairing and preventative maintenance for vehicles in the fleet, golf carts, golf maintenance equipment & landscape equipment.
- Service all vehicles, golf carts and equipment including changing oil, air filters and running a check on electric systems & hydraulics.
- Knowledge of necessary lubricants including oil viscosities for vehicles, golf carts & equipment.
- Understanding of small engine repair for both gas & diesel, along with larger engines repair for vehicles, golf carts and all equipment.
- Welding experience.
- Maintain and repair gas and electric golf carts, and utility vehicles.
- Ability to complete minor vehicle and equipment repairs outside of the maintenance facility on the resort grounds.
- Ability to work on mowing reels with specialized grinders.
- Skilled in troubleshooting minor repairs of electrical systems.
- Under the direction of the Fleet Manager be able to complete preventative maintenance programs on vehicles, golf carts and equipment.
- Assist in training employees on care, maintenance and safety procedures with the fleet and maintenance facility.
- Keep facilities and work areas clean, organized, and safe.
- Assist with the ordering, receiving, organization, and maintenance of parts inventories.
- Minor paint and body repair skills.
- Assist in monitoring fuel tanks as required by State law.
- Assist in tire replacement & repair.
- Ability to repair generators and complete required documentation as instructed by the Fleet Manager and as required by State law.
- Monitor staff on proper operation and cleaning of all vehicles, golf carts & equipment reporting information directly to the Fleet Manager only.
- Assist in all safety training and awareness throughout the maintenance facilities and operation of all vehicles, golf carts & equipment.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of three years' experience in the maintenance and repair of vehicles
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience in detailing vehicles, boats or other equipment preferred.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, lift overhead.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
This job description represents a description of the responsibilities associated with the position. The Management of South Seas Island Resort reserves the right to change this job description based on the business needs of the operation.
This is not considered an employment contract and does not alter the at will employment status of South Seas Island Resorts.
Job Status: Full Time