Fitness Instructor - Pilates, Barre, and / or Core - Winter Seasonal - OSP
JOB TITLE: Fitness Class Instructor – Part Time – Seasonal
(Looking for Pilates, Barre, and/or Core Strength Instructor)
RATE: Commission based on per person per class (avg. $20-$60 per class)
$15.00 per hour for in-house training meetings and clerical duties
Responsible for greeting and welcoming all owners/guests and visitors to the Spa Fitness Classes.
WINTER SEASONAL: Late November 2021 through mid-April 2022
1 to 2 times per week
Part-time seasonal team members have access to:
- Bi-weekly pay checks
- Partial reimbursements assistance on Ski Passes / Recreation (minimum classes/hours apply)
- Colorado Sick Pay
- 401(k) with company match
- Opportunity for gratuities and seasonal Holiday Bonus
- Local Perks and Benefits
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Be yourself and care genuinely about each interaction you have. Nothing is more important than the moment you are in with each owner/guest.
- Provide consistent professional fitness class and personal training sessions in accordance with the spa protocols and accepted certification practices.
- Be on time for your shift and prompt with each appointment.
- Perform sessions with total focus on safety, attention to detail, and timeliness.
- Properly care for and maintain fitness equipment.
- Maintain a clean, well-organized, and stocked fitness area; before, during, and after classes.
- Must be professional and cooperative and deal with guests, owners, visitors, and team members with a friendly, professional attitude.
- Be flexible with your schedule and supporting the needs of the spa and fitness studio.
- Have complete knowledge and understanding of all fitness offerings while educating and training guests in these areas.
- Adherence to the Spa PACT – Positivity, Absolutely, Confidence in Communication, and Time Management.
- Communicate with Spa Manager and Supervisor all occurrences that require attention involving staff or guests in the spa or fitness area.
- High commitment to guest satisfaction and service including maintaining a courteous and professional manner and a positive attitude, exhibiting a willingness to help, and promote positive interactions with guests.
- Be knowledgeable/learn our spa, treatments, services, sessions, and retail, as well as programs, promotions and/or discounts available.
- Provide accurate, appropriate, and immediate responses to all requests by guests, ensuring complete guest satisfaction.
- Regularly attend, participate in and support training and staff meetings for the spa (usually 2 to 3 meetings per season).
- Interface with other resort staff to ensure that owner’s/guest’s needs are met in a satisfactory manner.
- Record and log information timely and accurately for each class you lead.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
- Must have proof of a valid Instructor Certification.
- Experienced with a strong desire to deliver optimal customer service and be able to create a fitness spa environment that is comfortable and fulfilling.
- CPR Certification preferred.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- In all situations demonstrate Character, Courtesy, Calm and Charm.
- Knowledge of the services and amenities available from the spa and the property.
- Knowledge of a variety of information pertaining to the resort and the surrounding area attractions, events, and restaurants, preferred.
- Good personal hygiene and clean kept appearance.
- A passion for health and wellness.
- Critical, sound, decision making abilities.
- Ability to design class curriculum using current fitness / yoga trends.
- Ability to learn the policies and procedures of the department.
- Be detail oriented and have follow through.
- Speaking effectively to communicate over the telephone or in person.
- Ability to interface with other resort staff, supervisors, and/or managers to ensure that owners/guests needs are met in a satisfactory manner.
- Ability to become familiar with the ADP time keeping system.
- Follow instructions and priorities of tasks with little supervision.
- Ability to take direction, work individually and/or work in a team environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Show good personal hygiene and appearance.
- Learn and adhere to property standards for cleanliness and timeliness.
- Ability to use standard cleaning equipment, such as brooms, mops, cleaning cloths, and cleaning supplies.
- Stamina to perform yoga instruction and stand, stoop, squat, and bend for one-hour increments of time per class.
- Agility to perform services over one-hour class time periods.
- Must occasionally lift, carry, and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Vision to read printed materials and computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment.
- Hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- Spa hours in winter season are usually 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (occasionally 7:00 p.m.) 7 days per week.
- Times needed will include mornings and evenings (up to 7:00 p.m.) on weekdays only.
Pay: $20 to $60/hour
average per class
Job Status: Part Time,Contract/Temporary,Seasonal