F&B Host - Winter 2022-2023 Seasonal
- Shared Dorm Style Housing possible from November - April $275/biweekly, $500 deposit - temporary only
- Merchant Ski Pass Program
- Free onsite Chef prepared employee dining room with hot meals and salad bar
- Free onsite shift parking
- Discounted bus pass for Eagle County & Lake County routes
- Discounted F&B, Spa Treatments & Retail up to 40% off
- 401K with Match
- Paid Sick leave for P/T & Seasonal Staff
- Wellness Bonus if worked through full season until ski area closing
- Full Time Year Round possible, with full benefits such as Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD/STD, Life, Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital Insurance.
Excellent opportunity to start your career in hospitality, make good money, while having fun, meeting new people, and learning new skills.
Responsible for warmly greeting, seating and wishing a proper farewell to guests while providing high quality service in a courteous and friendly manner and maintaining or exceeding the high standards of the hotel.
- Recognize and greet guests upon arrival in a warm and friendly fashion, utilizing guest name as often as possible.
- Guide guests through the dining room, answering all relevant questions about the restaurant and resort.
- Seat guests in appropriate tables and areas of the restaurant and provide chair assistance; pour initial water or take initial drink orders as needed to ensure optimal speed of service.
- Provide patrons with accurate wait time estimates during busy periods, ensuring they have a comfortable environment to wait in.
- Ensure all menus are well stocked, unsoiled, and current.
- Assists with movement of tables, chairs and other dining room furniture to meet or exceed all guest standards and accommodate all parties, including groups with special needs.
- May be called upon to assume all duties of expediter or busser, such as assist with delivery of food or clean, clear and reset tables to restaurant standards to ensure optimal speed of service.
- Rotate seating between different stations/sections to ensure even workloads for wait staff.
- Monitor dining rooms for seating availability, keeping reservation systems updated and accurate before, during and after service.
- Answer telephone using appropriate etiquette and take reservations accurately and efficiently, while being able to answer questions about the resort, area, parking, menu, etc.
- Offer a warm and friendly departure to all guests, wishing them back as they exit the restaurant
- As initial point of contact, adheres to grooming and appearance standards and maintains a constant, professional appearance as well as a neat, organized entrance and front of house environment.
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures.
- Assist with opening/closing tasks and side work as needed.
- Ensures sidebar stations are adequately stocked with replacement cutlery, linen, glassware and other established needs.
- Complies with all health and safety regulations required by the hotel, state and federal authorities.
- Performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Timbers Resorts International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Timbers Resorts International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Skills / Requirements
High School Diploma/GED; AND one (1) year of food and beverage service experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Food and beverage products, menus, promotions, garnishes, contents and preparation methods.
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Customer service principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Focusing on quests and provision of quality customer service.
- Serving customers efficiently and effectively.
- Maintaining appropriate inventory of supplies and materials.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
- Maintaining a respectful, cheerful attitude and demeanor in high-demand, high-stress periods.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Mobility to work in a food service setting, use standard office equipment; stamina to stand for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 20 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Position may offer temporary housing onsite for full time staff who can work the entire winter
Timbers Resorts is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Resorts is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories.
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
Pay: from $18.50/hour
The pay range represents the low and high end of the Timbers range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of work, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Timbers total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include various incentives, such as tips, commissions, bonus, and many region-specific benefits
Job Status: Full Time,Seasonal
Job Reference #: TSV