Facilities Manager - Timbers Kiawah, SC
There’s Kiawah Island. Then there’s Timbers Kiawah. Twenty-one luxurious oceanfront residences in a private, secluded enclave. Timbers Kiawah is the only private residence club with fractional ownership on Kiawah and the newest oceanfront offering in over 30 years. It’s an intimate, gated community of 21 residences nestled along the coastline. Tall pines provide a quiet, sheltered setting, and a private boardwalk and Beach Club let the day flow from home to beach to ocean and back again. A vacation home experience that only Timbers Resorts can provide.
Responsible for planning, scheduling, supervising, directing staff and activities tasked.
with the construction, modification, maintenance and repair of club homes, common
areas, facilities and equipment.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plans, organizes, schedules, reviews and evaluates the work of assigned staff.
- Develops and directs the implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards for the department; prepares and manages assigned budget.
- Oversees the selection, training, professional development and discipline of staff.
- Ensures that club homes, common areas, offices, beach club, and clubhouse facilities are checked regularly for repairs and refurbishing.
- Responds to and resolves County staff inquiries, complaints and inspections.
- Schedules preventative maintenance work on major mechanical, fire and safety, landscaping, pool equipment, exterior building maintenance, appliance, systems and more.
- Reports to General Manager and notify areas needing attention and major repairs.
- Ensures that pool and spa maintenance registers are completed daily and in accordance with South Carolia DHEC statutory regulations.
- Serves at Safety Officer and ensures that maintenance, fire and evacuation equipment is up to date and property is environmentally safe; inspects and maintain safety logs for entire property; ensures staff follows safety procedures and practices.
- Performs skilled craft work as required.
- Estimates equipment, materials and staff required to perform assigned work; requisitions supplies and equipment and maintains an inventory of regularly used materials.
- Prepares, issues, prioritizes and tracks facility and equipment maintenance and repair work order; maintains accurate records of work performed.
- Interprets blueprints, specifications, manuals and related documentation.
- Inspects and performs preventative maintenance of all arrival residences to ensure the homes are in great condition.
- Prepares a variety of written correspondence and periodic and special reports regarding work performed.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the department by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma/GED, supplemented by technical college course work training in a trade; AND four (4) years of journey-level experience in facilities, plant construction, plant operations, or maintence and repair, one (1) year of which was in a supervisory role; OR and equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Principles and practices of employee supervision, including selection, work planning, organization, performance review and evaluation, and employee training and discipline.
- Materials, methods, practices and equipment used in facilities construction, maintenance and repair.
- Operation, adjustment, preventative maintenance and minor repair of power tools and equipment related to the work.
- Fire and Life Safety systems to include fire panels, wet and dry sprinkler systems and Simplex-Grinnell systems.
- Pool and spa operation and maintenance.
- Major mechanical equipment and operation as well as mechanical concepts and principles.
- Job estimation and planning principles and practices.
- Proper business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Planning, organizing, supervising, reviewing and evaluation the work of staff.
- Training others in policies and procedures related to the work.
- Providing excellent customer service.
- Performing skilled and semi-skilled maintenance and repair of a variety of mechanical, electrical, HVAC and other facility operating systems.
- Interpreting, applying and explainging state and local laws, regulations and policis.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
- Organizing, maintaining and researching office files.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
Mobility to work in a construction and maintenance setting; agility to use typical trade equipment, hand and power tools and standard office equipment; stamina to stand, walk and climb and to work in awkward spaces for an extended period of time; strength to lift and maneuver materials and equipment weighing up to 100 pounds with proper equipment; vision to read printed materials and computer screens; and hearing and speech to communicate in person or over a radio or telephone. Work is subject to exposure to extreme weather conditions, hazardous chemicals, electrical currents, gases, dust and noxious odors.
Job Status: Full Time