Facilities Engineer Technician
JOIN OUR MISSION
Working for Timbers Company is an opportunity to join our unique mission to create special places and memorable experiences through passionate, attentive service. Here’s why our staff loves Timbers Company.
vacations bring us all closer together
the big dogs aren't all on Wall Street
we've found the best places on Earth
we are known by the company we keep
variety is the spice of life
Timbers Resorts is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Resorts is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories.
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
Responsible for performing skilled and semi-skilled work in the installation, maintenance and repair of mechanical, electrical, HVAC, security and structural systems and elements of resort buildings and facilities.
- Performs required maintenance and repair on all hotel rooms, residence club units, amenity areas, public areas, restaurants, pool and hot tubs, banquet rooms and bar as needed.
- Checks spa facilities to ensure optimum operation and service.
- Performs residence club, hotel room, amenity area and common area repairs and maintenance in a timely fashion.
- Completes room and kitchen checks regularly for repairs and refurbishing.
- Notifies supervisor of areas/items in need of attention, in respect to major repairs.
- Completes preventative maintenance requests via Transcendent as assigned.
- Maintains and services a variety of test equipment and hand and power tools.
- Removes snow from walkways, stairways, and driveways.
- Fabricates and issues keys.
- Checks major mechanical equipment and record pressures, gauge readings, temperatures, etc.
- Checks Laundry equipment and ensures proper functionality.
- Checks pool and spa equipment and ensures proper operation of equipment and chemical levels.
- Performs off-season preventative maintenance checklists, when appropriate.
- Assists with maintenance inventory of supplies and materials, ensuring availability.
- Responds to questions and complaints from guests.
- Observes safe work methods and uses safety equipment; secures worksites from safety hazards as necessary.
- Interprets blueprints, specifications, manuals and related documentation.
- Prepares a variety of activity logs and reports regarding work performed; accounts for all billable repairs appropriately.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
- Free onsite shift parking
- Discounted bus pass for Eagle County & Lake County routes
- Discounted F&B, Spa Treatments & Retail up to 40% off
- 401K with Match
- Paid Sick leave for P/T & Seasonal Staff, PTO for Full Time Staff
- Wellness Bonus if worked through full season until ski area closing
- Full Time Year Round possible, with full benefits such as Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD/STD, Life, Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital Insurance.
- Merchant Ski Pass Program
- Free onsite Chef prepared employee dining room with hot meals and salad bar
- Some full time seasonal positions offer discounted living onsite in employee housing, shared dorm style units during the season hired only up to the 1st 6 months of that particular season. Long term and single living arrangements are offered for management positions or those working overnight shifts available for on call outside of normal work hours.
Our company (“Company”) fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. It is our policy to provide employment, compensation, and other benefits related to employment based on qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. In accordance with requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable federal, state and/or local laws, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation upon request during the application process to applicants in order that they may be given a full and fair opportunity to be considered for employment. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we intend to comply fully with applicable federal, state and/or local employment laws and the information requested on this application will only be used for purposes consistent with those laws. To the extent required by applicable law, The Company maintains a smoke- free workplace
I certify that the answers given herein and during the entire application process (including but not limited to information provided in resumes, attachments to this application, interviews or otherwise (if applicable)) are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I understand that any misrepresentations, omissions of facts or incomplete answers during the application process may disqualify me from further consideration for employment. I further understand that, if employed, any misrepresentations or omissions of facts during the application process may be cause for my dismissal at any time without prior notice. I consent to and authorize the Company and ADP TotalSource® to contact my former employers, references, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give the Company or ADP TotalSource (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with any other pertinent information they may have and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a good faith reference. I EXPRESSLY AGREE AND UNDERSTAND THAT, IF EMPLOYED, MY EMPLOYMENT IS NOT FOR A SPECIFIC TERM, IS BASED ON MUTUAL CONSENT AND MAY BE TERMINATED BY ME OR THE COMPANY OR ADP TOTALSOURCE WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE OR CAUSE AT ANY TIME. I FURTHER UNDERSTAND THAT NO ORAL PROMISE, EMPLOYER POLICY, CUSTOM, BUSINESS PRACTICE OR OTHER PROCEDURE (INCLUDING THE BASIC EMPLOYMENT POLICIES, PERSONNEL HANDBOOK OR ANY PERSONNEL MANUALS) CONSTITUTES AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT OR MODIFICATION OF THE AT-WILL EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN ME AND THE COMPANY OR ADP TOTALSOURCE. I ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT MY AT-WILL EMPLOYMENT STATUS WITH THE COMPANY MAY ONLY BE ALTERED IN AN INDIVIDUAL CASE OR GENERALLY IN A WRITING SIGNED BY THE OWNER, PRESIDENT OR CEO OF THE COMPANY AND THAT MY AT-WILL STATUS WITH ADP TOTALSOURCE MAY ONLY BE ALTERED IN AN INDIVIDUAL CASE OR GENERALLY IN A WRITING SIGNED BY THE PRESIDENT OF ADP TOTALSOURCE. I understand that I may be required to qualify for employment based on additional employment criteria. For example, I may be required to take job-related tests; take a driver’s examination or take a preemployment drug test. If I am offered employment or start work before any required test is completed, I understand that my employment is contingent on a satisfactory result on all required tests. I authorize the Company and ADP TotalSource to release the results of my pre-employment drug/alcohol test (if any), any information on this application and any relevant information about me to each other and to other ADP TotalSource clients for whom I have applied for employment, and release the Company, ADP TotalSource and its clients from any and all claims related to the lawful release of this information. I further authorize the release of any background check results and of any drug/alcohol test to any state or federal authority requesting such information and in response to a valid subpoena or other legal document.
By submitting this application, I certify I have read above, specific job post requirements listed here https://bit.ly/3YmmOeA
Skills / Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma/GED, supplemented by technical or college course work training in a trade; AND two (2) years of journey-level work in facilities, plant construction, plant operations, or maintenance and repair; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Hotel Fire and Life Safety systems.
- Pool and spa operation
- Materials, methods, practices and equipment used in facilities construction, maintenance and repair.
- Operation, adjustment, preventive maintenance and minor repair of power tools and equipment related to the work.
- Applicable laws, codes and regulations.
- Safety principles, practices and equipment related to the work.
- Principles, methods and materials used in a variety of mechanical, electro-mechanical and electrical installation, maintenance and repair work.
- Basic record keeping practices.
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Use of specified computer applications involving word processing, queries, data entry and/or standard report generation.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Performing skilled and semi-skilled maintenance and repair of a variety of mechanical, electrical, HVAC and other facility operating systems.
- Maintenance and operation of pool and spas. CPO certification a plus.
- Operating and maintaining specialized tools and equipment of a variety of mechanical, electrical and facilities maintenance trades.
- Estimating necessary materials and equipment to complete assignments.
- Safely using and maintaining hand and power tools related to the work.
- Maintaining accurate records of work performed.
- Reading and interpreting manuals, specifications, drawings and blueprints.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in a construction and maintenance setting; agility to use typical trade equipment, hand and power tools and standard office equipment; stamina to stand, walk and climb and to work in awkward spaces for an extended period of time; strength to lift and maneuver materials and equipment weighing up to 100 pounds with proper equipment; vision to read printed materials and computer screens; and hearing and speech to communicate in person or over a radio or telephone.
Work is subject to exposure to extreme weather conditions, hazardous chemicals, electrical currents, gases, dust and noxious odors
.*Note: It is not necessary for you to identify unavailability for work because of religious observance or practice or any other protected classification. Subsequent to any job offer, we will consider whether a reasonable accommodation can be made.
Note: The Federal Immigration and Reform and Control Act of 1986 requires that a DHS Employment Eligibility Verification “Form I-9” be completed for every new hire and that within 3 business days of beginning work every new hire must present to the employer documentation establishing his/her identity and authorization to work. This federal requirement must be satisfied as a condition of employment.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
Pay: $23 to $27/hour
The pay range represents the low end for non-tipped positions. Actual pay will vary and may be above range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of work, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include various incentives, such as tips, commissions, bonus, and job specific benefits.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: TSV