Experienced Residence Club Manager - The Sebastian, Vail
Excellent opportunity to continue your career, earn a competitive compensation, while having fun, meeting new people, and learning new skills.
- Full Time Year Round with full benefits such as 4+weeks Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD/STD, Life, Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital Insurance.
- Free onsite Chef prepared employee dining room with hot meals and salad bar
- Free onsite shift parking
- Discounted bus pass for Eagle County & Lake County routes
- Discounted F&B, Spa Treatments & Retail up to 40% off
- 401K with Match
- Paid Sick leave for P/T & Seasonal Staff
- Merchant Ski Pass Program and Wellness Bonus, to cover cost of ski pass or other cost for physical fitness, if worked through full season until ski area closing, amount varies depending on start date
Timbers Resorts is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Resorts is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories.
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
Responsible for supervising and coordinating activities and staff of the Residence Club to ensure proper completion of all required tasks in a courteous and friendly atmosphere; assists guests and owners to maintain and exceed The Sebastian Vail standards and driving financial performance.
Plans, organizes, schedules, reviews and evaluates the work of assigned staff.
- Develops and directs the implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards for the department; prepares and manages assigned budget.
- Oversees the selection, training, professional development and discipline of staff.
- Develops, implements and oversees the execution of service standards.
- Identifies guest needs and provides information regarding policies, services and amenities.
- Coordinates Selection Process with owners, tracks all reservations and facilitates input into reservations systems.
- Ensures proper processing of pre-arrival tasks including pre-arrival letters and arrival spreadsheets.
- Coordinates efforts with Housekeeping in regard to early/late guests, VIP’s and group activity.
- Coordinates activities with Real Estate Sales Administration in regard to Owner amenities and arrivals.
- Ensures Owner’s lounge, Owner Storage, and all Residence Club grounds are kept neat and tidy.
- Manages Owner Storage inventory.
- Schedules, communicates and manages implementation of all owner events.
- Interprets, explains and manages rental release procedures and ability to release units into the program.
- Interprets, explains and manages Residence and room details as well as Club Access Rules and Regulations in order to process reservation requests or cancellations if needed.
- Supports the VPCA Board with association needs.
- Forecasts residence club needs and budget.
- Works closely with Rooms Director and HOA Accounting on procedures and operations.
- Coordinates activities with all hotel departments in order to insure a perfect Ownership experience.
- Ensures maintenance of required supply inventory; replenishes or requisitions any supplies needed.
- Ensures adherence to safety and emergency procedures and observes safety precautions required to protect hotel and guest property as well as meeting and implementing energy and sustainable conservation efforts.
- Notifies engineering of areas needing attention in respect of maintenance.
- Resolves customer complaints/queries satisfactorily while maintaining a courteous and helpful demeanor.
- Assists with all information necessary for budgeting purposes annually, seasonally or quarterly as requested.
- Possesses and maintains thorough understanding of industry and stays abreast of industry trends.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Timbers Resorts International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Timbers Resorts International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Skills / Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in hotel management or a related field; AND four (4) years of hotel operations experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Principles and practices of employee supervision, including selection, work planning, organization, performance review and evaluation, and employee training and discipline.
- Policies and procedures of the Residence Club.
- Principles, practices and techniques of the hospitality industry.
- Computer software applications in work processing, spreadsheets and hotel information systems.
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Inventory and record keeping principles and practices.
- Customer service principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Planning, organizing, supervising, reviewing and evaluating the work of staff.
- Training others in policies and procedures related to the work.
- Performing budgeting and accounting functions for assigned operations.
- Efficiently and effectively performing resort operations management duties.
- Focusing on quests and provision of quality customer service.
- Making accurate arithmetic calculations.
- Reading, understanding and following residence club policies and procedures.
- Maintaining appropriate inventory of supplies and materials.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in an office setting and use standard office equipment; stamina to sit for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 40 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Pay: $65,000 to $70,000/year
The pay range represents the low and high end of the Timbers range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of work, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Timbers total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include various incentives, such as bonus, and many region-specific benefits.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: TSV