Executive Sous Chef at South Seas Island Resort
SOUTH SEAS ISLAND RESORT: WORK IN PARADISE! Escape to a tranquil tropical island destination on the tip of Captiva Island! Work at a serene resort village and wildlife sanctuary, marked by 2.5 miles of beaches, gulf waters that glisten with endless shades of blue and boundless opportunity for adventure for our guests.
This upcoming year, we will begin writing a new chapter to add to our storied past. Elevated guest experiences, expanded services, and amenities accompanied by future plans to re-imagine and restore the famed South Seas Island Resort to its original grandeur.
We want YOU to be apart of it!
WE ARE NOW A TIMBERS RESORT:
Timbers Company is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories. Our vision is a promise of Paradise Perfected. Join us and explore the ever-growing collection by Timbers Resorts.
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE:
- Health Insurance/Dental/Vision/LTD/STD and Life Insurance
-401K, company matches 100% up to 4% of contribution
-Paid Time Off (PTO), increasing amount of time with tenure
-Transponder toll programs (if you qualify) for the Sanibel Causeway and Cape Coral Bridge
-$2 Employee lunches at our Keylime Cafe
-Employee discounts at selected retail outlets and selected SSIR vendor activities
-Employee recognition through the year
WHERE WILL YOU WORK?
At South Seas Island Resort fresh seafood is abundant. Where menus change with the season, and with what’s available fresh off the boat. But you’ll find our dining options offer so much more than the local catch. Dine indoors or out on beautiful patios, where you can watch the manatees and dolphins go by. Boats, yachts, and charters going in and out of the marina. Stunning views of Pine Island Sound. Incredible sunsets and inspiring sunrises. Casual, family-friendly, and very delicious. The Sous Chef will have involvement with the following outlets.
Resort Pool Complex - The Pointe Restaurant & Crooked Snook Tiki Bar
Yacht Harbour Marina - Harborside Bar & Grille
Sunset Beach - Latitudes Food Shack
Scoops & Slices - Ice Cream & Pizza Outlet
Banquets - Conference Group & Weddings
Sous Chef is responsible for providing supportive leadership to the kitchen staff throughout food service. Their duties include assisting the Executive Chef in monitoring kitchen activities, expediting orders to ensure quality taste and presentation. This role will include overseeing production in all outlets including assisting with catering/banquet functions on resort property, working closely with the Executive Chef to plan and direct food preparation in kitchens.
Our Sous Chef will be our number #2 to the Executive Chef. Sous Chef will take on additional responsibility in the Executive Chef’s Absence to ensure that kitchen staff has proper direction. Management level associates are expected to work as much of each workday as is necessary to complete their job responsibilities.
Salary starting at $60,000
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- High school diploma or GED required
- 2 - 4 years of experience in a high volume, full-service restaurant, country club, or resort settings.
- Culinary science or related certificate would be a plus.
- Performs work under minimal supervision. Handles complex issues and problems and refers only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of subject matter.
- Provides leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to a subordinate group.
- Must be proficient in Windows Operating Systems, company approved spreadsheets, and ordering systems.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the issues raised by co-workers and guests.
Pay: from $60,000/year
Job Status: Full Time