Timbers Company is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories.
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
Performs all basic administrative functions in the Engineering department and responsible for ensuring the efficient operation
High School diploma or equivalent required
College course work in related field helpful
Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred
Skills & abilities
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, clarifying and resolving the concerns and issues raised by coworkers and guests.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Proficient with Microsoft operating systems, OnQ and Sales Pro Enterprise
- Maintain regular attendance as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel. Possible weekends and Holidays based on business demands.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service- oriented manner.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
- Ensure employees are at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
- Participate in departmental payroll processing.
- Process and file all log sheets.
- Log and maintain records of purchase orders.
- Collect and distribute department mail.
- Keep all files updated and organized.
- Answer all incoming telephone calls.
- Order materials and supplies as necessary
- Type purchase orders.
- Dispatch work orders
- Participate in all department inventories.
- Attend meetings as necessary and takes minutes as required
- Any other duties as required
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction, particularly for sustained periods of time (typing/using a mouse).
- Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Pulling: Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Finger Dexterity/Grasping: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling.
- Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers or guests accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive information through oral communication.
- Repetitive Motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Vision: Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures determine accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned
- viewing a computer terminal
- extensive reading
- visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection) using measurements devices
- assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
- Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to positions.
Associate is subject to noise: There is sufficient noise to cause the employee to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
Job Status: Full Time