Director of Rooms-TSV
Responsible for supervising and coordinating activities and staff of the Front Office and Housekeeping operations; maintains or exceeds the high standards of the hotel, and create an environment that fosters meaningful work, and open dialogue with staff and guests.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plans, organizes, schedules, reviews and evaluates the work of assigned staff.
- Develops and directs the implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards for the department; prepares and manages assigned budget.
- Oversees the selection, training, professional development and discipline of staff.
- Develops, implements and oversees the execution of service standards.
- Identifies guest needs and provides information regarding policies, services and amenities.
- Works closely with Director of Sales and Reservations Manager to properly yield manage room inventory.
- Interprets and explains room details as well as rates, packages, discounts and group package plans in order to process reservation requests or cancellations if needed.
- Notifies engineering of areas needing attention in respect of maintenance.
- Schedules Deep Clean of property with reservations, residential team and engineering.
- Resolves customer complaints/queries satisfactorily while maintaining a courteous and helpful demeanor.
- Oversees duty rosters and ensure that manning levels are correct, to agreed standards, and are not exceeded without permission.
- Participates and assists the residential team in all owner events.
- Ensures proper purchase and inventory of all products and services used within the Rooms Division.
- Ensures all items are within the established standard level of repair.
- Assists with all department and interdepartmental communications.
- Assists with all information necessary for budgeting purposes annually, seasonally or quarterly as requested.
- Possesses and maintains through understanding of industry and stays abreast of industry trends.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (continued)
- Ensures adherence to safety and emergency procedures required to protect hotel and guest property.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in hotel management or a related field; AND five (5) years of hotel operations experience, two (2) years of which were at a managerial level; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Principles and practices of employee supervision, including selection, work planning, organization, performance review and evaluation, and employee training and discipline.
- Principles, practices and techniques of the hospitality industry.
- Computer software applications in work processing, spreadsheets and hotel information systems.
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Safe work practices and sanitation related to hotel operations.
- Principles and practice of housekeeping operations.
- Inventory and record keeping principles and practices.
- Customer service principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Planning, organizing, supervising, reviewing and evaluating the work of staff.
- Training others in policies and procedures related to the work.
- Performing budgeting and accounting functions for assigned operations.
- Efficiently and effectively performing hospitality management duties.
- Focusing on quests and provision of quality customer service.
- Making accurate arithmetic calculations.
- Reading, understanding and following reservation policies and procedures.
- Maintaining appropriate inventory of supplies and materials.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in a food service setting, use standard kitchen equipment; stamina to stand for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 50 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Pay: $90,000 to $100,000/year
Job Status: Full Time