Director of Retail
Timbers Company is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories.
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
The Director of Retail is responsible to manage operations of the retail shops within the hotel and/or resort. The position is responsible for short and long term planning and the management of the retail shops. You will develop and recommend the budget, marketing and merchandising plans and objectives, and manage within those approved plans. This position manages approximately 2-4 different retail outlets and are expected to work as much of each workday as is necessary to complete their job responsibilities; for OEM associates overtime does apply and is calculated accordingly.
Flexible hours/days required. Forty to fifty hours per week. (Hours may vary based on business needs and holidays)
- A bachelor's degree in merchandising/retailing or an equivalent education/experience is required with at least 4 years related experience.
- Working knowledge of computers and related software programs, cash registers, and other technical equipment.
- Advanced knowledge of the principles and practices in retailing/merchandising/marketing.
- Must possess highly developed communication skills to negotiate, convince, sell and influence other managerial personnel, hotel guests, corporate clients and/or suppliers.
- Knowledge and skills in management of people, complex problems, purchasing, and control of inventories and marketing/merchandising techniques.
- Marketing trips and task force as required.
- Manage the retail shop's associates in order to attract, retain and motivate them
- conduct performance and salary reviews
- Oversee the total management of multiple retail shops on a daily basis and implement corporate programs to ensure compliance with LSOPs and SOPs security regulations audit and financial control
- resolve problems and provide open communication, discipline and recommend termination when appropriate to ensure standards are always met.
- Plan, purchase and creatively display all retail shops' merchandise (apparel, gifts wear, food products, toys, etc…) to promote sales and profits in all shops.
- provide an optimal level of service to enhance the guest experience and maximize profits.
- Develop, recommend, implement and manage the retail shops' annual budget, marketing/merchandising, plan inventories (type, quality and quantity) forecasts and objectives to meet/exceed management revenue expectation.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Monitor and control all retail shop inventories and make sure accurate records are maintained with available stock, profit margins attained, and goals are met/exceeded.
- Monitor and maintain knowledge of the national retail markets as it applies to stock purchases.
- Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
Job Status: Full Time