Director of Guest Services
Timbers Company is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories.
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
Position Purpose: Supervise the operations of the Guest Services area minimizing expenses while providing top quality customer services and hospitality.
Goal: Position is responsible for supervising the daily operations of the Guest Services area. The major areas of supervision include: Transportation, Concierge & Bell Stand. Recommends and implements services and procedural changes. Monitors and controls expenses within approved budget constraints.
One to two years of post- high school education
One to two full years of employment in a related position with this company or other organization(s)
Skills & Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of guest services and the hotel/Interstate services, policies, procedures and operations.
- Supervisory/Management skills.
- Ability to compile facts and figures.
- Ability to make occasional decisions guided by established policy and procedures.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Coordinate & supervise the activities & foster good relations with the car rental companies, tour & travel companies, limo services, etc... to provide the maximum level of quality services.
- Supervise the Guest Service employees; interview, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, recommend performance reviews, resolve problems, provide open communications, and recommend discipline and termination, as appropriate.
- Plan and direct the transportation needs for groups, corporate customers & individual guests to assist the sales dept and attract and retain customers by providing top quality service.
- Provide information and assist employees in recommending area restaurants, theaters, community events, activities, etc... to ensure optimum guest satisfaction.
- Supervise the daily operations of the Guest Service areas to comply with the Interstate Standards, safety regulations and to ensure an optimal level of quality service and hospitality are provided to the hotel guests.
- Monitor and control the Guest Service's budget to minimize expenses.
- Plan, implement and supervise the maintenance/sanitation program for the vehicles, equipment and Guest Service areas to protect the assets, ensure optimum performance and guest and employee safety and satisfaction.
Mobility- continuous movement throughout the hotel 90% of shift
Standing- 80% of shift
Stairs- 15% of shift
Job Status: Full Time