Director of Guest Services at South Seas Island Resort
WORK IN PARADISE … at the beautiful South Seas Island Resort on the tip of Captiva Island on Florida’s Gulf Coast just across the bridge from Fort Myers.
Escape to a tranquil tropical island destination, marked by 2.5 miles of beaches, surrounded by glistening gulf waters and endless opportunities for fun and adventure.
South Seas Island Resort (SSIR) is now a part of the world-class Timbers Resorts which are known to be unique, authentic, comfortably casual yet sophisticated, and always fun. Where luxury is without pretense and the smiles are genuine. Timbers Resorts boutique hotels, resorts and residences are the perfect places to create unforgettable memories with family and friends, in the world’s most sought-after destinations.
Here's what we’re looking for … Passion Unites Us
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best. Grow your career with us and learn first-hand how to shape remarkable experiences for our world-class guests and Owners.
Position Purpose: Supervise the operations of the Guest Services area minimizing expenses while providing top quality customer services and hospitality.
Goal: Position is responsible for supervising the daily operations of the Guest Services area. The major areas of supervision include: Transportation, Concierge & Bell Stand. Recommends and implements services and procedural changes. Monitors and controls expenses within approved budget constraints.
One to two years of post- high school education
One to two full years of employment in a related position with this company or other organization(s)
Skills & Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of guest services and the hotel/Interstate services, policies, procedures and operations.
- Supervisory/Management skills.
- Ability to compile facts and figures.
- Ability to make occasional decisions guided by established policy and procedures.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Coordinate & supervise the activities & foster good relations with the car rental companies, tour & travel companies, limo services, etc... to provide the maximum level of quality services.
- Supervise the Guest Service employees; interview, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, recommend performance reviews, resolve problems, provide open communications, and recommend discipline and termination, as appropriate.
- Plan and direct the transportation needs for groups, corporate customers & individual guests to assist the sales dept and attract and retain customers by providing top quality service.
- Provide information and assist employees in recommending area restaurants, theaters, community events, activities, etc... to ensure optimum guest satisfaction.
- Supervise the daily operations of the Guest Service areas to comply with the Interstate Standards, safety regulations and to ensure an optimal level of quality service and hospitality are provided to the hotel guests.
- Monitor and control the Guest Service's budget to minimize expenses.
- Plan, implement and supervise the maintenance/sanitation program for the vehicles, equipment and Guest Service areas to protect the assets, ensure optimum performance and guest and employee safety and satisfaction.
Mobility- continuous movement throughout the hotel 90% of shift
Standing- 80% of shift
Stairs- 15% of shift
We have an AWESOME Compensation & Benefits Package …
- Excellent Health Care Insurance options
- Dental, Vision, Life Insurance & Long/short-term disability coverage
- 401K with company match
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Transponder toll programs
- $2 Employee lunches
- Referral Program
- Employee discounts
Pay: $50,000 to $60,000/year
Job Status: Full Time