Director of Engineering, The Sebastian $75K+ 10% Annual Bonus
Why you should apply for this job:
- Are you seeking careers opportunities with a small team of dedicated F&B professionals?
- Do you want to work with fun individuals who value you and your contributions?
- Are you looking for connection with people who really do care about you?
- Get paid well, even better than our competitors?
The Sebastian is the answer to all of these questions!
Please submit an introduction to yourself and why you are the person who we want to join our team. We value personalization, including in your application.
- Free onsite Chef prepared employee dining room with hot meals and salad bar
- Free onsite shift parking
- Discounted bus pass for Eagle County & Lake County routes
- Discounted F&B, Spa Treatments & Retail up to 40% off
- Merchant Ski Pass Program
- 401K with Match
- Paid Sick leave for P/T & Seasonal Staff
- Wellness Bonus if worked through full season until ski area closing
- If you stay on all year, you are eligible for Full Time Year-Round with full benefits such as Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD/STD, Life, Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital Insurance.
Responsible for planning, scheduling, supervising, directing staff and activities tasked with the construction, modification, maintenance and repair of resort buildings, facilities and equipment.
- Plans, organizes, schedules, reviews and evaluates the work of assigned staff.
- Develops and directs the implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards for the department; prepares and manages assigned budget.
- Oversees the selection, training, professional development and discipline of staff.
- Ensures that rooms, amenity areas, common areas, pool area, banquet rooms, kitchen, and resort facilities are checked regularly for repairs and refurbishing; responds to and resolves County staff inquiries and complaints.
- Schedules preventative maintenance work on major mechanical, laundry, food service, back of house and pool equipment thru Transcendent.
- Reports to General Manager and notify areas needing attention and major repairs.
- Ensures that pool and spa maintenance registers are completed daily and in accordance with Colorado statutory regulations.
- Serves as Safety Officer and ensures that maintenance, fire and evacuation equipment is up to date and property is environmentally safe; inspects and maintain safety logs for entire property; ensures staff follows safety procedures and practices.
- Coordinates activities with other departments and ensures effective communications through attendance at meetings and communication at regularly held staff meetings.
- Participates in planning of any capital project funding projections.
- Performs skilled craft work as required.
- Estimates equipment, materials and staff required to perform assigned work; requisitions supplies and equipment and maintains an inventory of regularly used materials.
- Prepares, issues, prioritizes and tracks facility and equipment maintenance and repair work orders; maintains accurate records of work performed.
- Interprets blueprints, specifications, manuals and related documentation.
- Prepares a variety of written correspondence and periodic and special reports regarding work performed.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Skills / Requirements
Education and Experience:
High school diploma/GED, supplemented by technical or college course work training in a trade; AND four (4) years of journey-level experience in facilities, plant construction, plant operations, or maintenance and repair, one (1) year of which was in a supervisory role; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Principles and practices of employee supervision, including selection, work planning, organization, performance review and evaluation, and employee training and discipline.
- Materials, methods, practices and equipment used in facilities construction, maintenance and repair.
- Operation, adjustment, preventive maintenance and minor repair of power tools and equipment related to the work.
- Fire and Life Safety systems to include fire panels, wet and dry sprinkler systems and Ansell systems.
- Pool and spa operation and maintenance
- Major mechanical equipment and operation as well as mechanical concepts and principals,
- Creating and managing departmental budgets
- Applicable laws, codes and regulations.
- Safety principles, practices and equipment related to the work.
- Job estimation and planning principles and practices.
- Principles and practices of developing teams, motivating employees and managing in a team environment.
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Principles and practices of budgeting and accounting.
- Use of specified computer applications involving word processing, queries, data entry and/or standard report generation.
- Office administrative practices and procedures.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Planning, organizing, supervising, reviewing and evaluating the work of staff.
- Training others in policies and procedures related to the work.
- Providing customer service.
- Maintenance and operation of pool and spas.
- Performing skilled and semi-skilled maintenance and repair of a variety of mechanical, electrical, HVAC and other facility operating systems.
- Operation of Fire and Life Safety systems.
- Performing budgeting and accounting functions for assigned operations.
- Supervising, remodeling, maintenance and repair activities.
- Safely operating, adjusting and performing preventive maintenance and minor repair to power tools and equipment related to the work.
- Interpreting, applying and explaining state and local laws, regulations and policies.
- Making accurate arithmetic calculations.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
- Organizing, maintaining and researching office files.
- Compiling and summarizing information and preparing activity reports.
- Estimating necessary materials and equipment to complete assignments.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Timbers Resorts is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Resorts is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories.
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
Pay: $75,000 to $95,000/hour
The pay range represents the low and high end of the Timbers range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of work, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Timbers total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include various incentives, such as tips, commissions, bonus, and many region-specific benefits.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: TSV